First visit to RSPB West Sedgemoor nature reserve.

I am pleased to say we made our first visit to the reserve today.We went into the Heronry hide first,It was great to watch them up In the trees.

A couple of pics

This one didn't want It's pic taken :-)

We then did the small woodland walk,where we saw a Nuthatch and a Treecreeper,also many other birds that were singing and flying around.Two Birds of Prey were also circling overhead.The Scarp trail was closed off,so we are looking forward to going back to do that.We are very lucky to have these reserves on our doorstep here In Somerset.We are now planning our visits to the other ones nearby.

Littleowl

• Amazing photos Littleowl quality I can only hope to aspire to!

Now is a great time of year to visit Swell Wood catch the Nuthatch in all of its poses!

jean a said:

I am pleased to say we made our first visit to the reserve today.We went into the Heronry hide first,It was great to watch them up In the trees.

A couple of pics

This one didn't want It's pic taken :-)

We then did the small woodland walk,where we saw a Nuthatch and a Treecreeper,also many other birds that were singing and flying around.Two Birds of Prey were also circling overhead.The Scarp trail was closed off,so we are looking forward to going back to do that.We are very lucky to have these reserves on our doorstep here In Somerset.We are now planning our visits to the other ones nearby.

Littleowl

The future depends on what we do in the present -  Mahatma Ghandi

• Hi Little Owl

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, Swell Wood has its very own webpage now, so do take a look.  It still has links to West Sedgemoor, which is still there, but it is very much more descriptional of what you can find in the woodland at different times of the year.  We had a great fungal foray earlier this month - watch out for the blog and photos.

Trish Harper - Office Administrator