First, fantastic visit to South Stack.

A quick test to see if this posts!

YAY!  Thread to follow.

• Great photos and report of your trip Clare. So pleased you both got to see the Choughs-aren't they special? That wonderful cheeow call,the way they tumble in the air & such busy characters too!

I haven't heard of any of the Cornish Choughs visiting feeders down here so I was interested to see your photo of one feeding at the visitors centre!

We've booked a few days break around the Elan Valley for 9th Sep and will visit Gigrin farm(Red Kite feeding station),and a few of the reserves hopefully.I was born,and lived in Wales until 9 yrs ago and was only approx 30 miles from Brecon Beacons,I wasn't into birding/photography then so I could kick myself now at all the missed wildlife opportunities on my doorstep!

Jayne

• Unknown said:
    We've booked a few days break around the Elan Valley for 9th Sep and will visit Gigrin farm(Red Kite feeding station)

We've yet to go there.  We've been to the one near Aberystwyth (Bwlch Nant yr Arian), though, and that was brilliant.

Unknown said:
    So pleased you both got to see the Choughs-aren't they special? That wonderful cheeow call,the way they tumble in the air & such busy characters too!

They are out of this world.  I can't wait to move in go back.

I'm glad you're into birds and photography now!  I hope you have a lovely break.

• Very nice Clare, love your pictures of the chough I have never seen one.

Jim