With the cold weather forcing both Jack and Common Snipe down onto the foreshore I though that I would put together a little ID sheet for the two in flight.  Good luck!

28-1-13

Howard Vaughan, Information Officer

Parents
  • Thanks for this Howard. I flushed two Snipey looking things on Saturday morning on the foreshore, and wasn't sure what I flushed until I read this. I definately flushed one of each.

The Jack went up with a zip of the wings, but silent other than that and flew in a pretty direct line East up the river. The second one was as described, noisy and all over the place and headed onto the reserve near the Shooting Butts.

Comment
  • Thanks for this Howard. I flushed two Snipey looking things on Saturday morning on the foreshore, and wasn't sure what I flushed until I read this. I definately flushed one of each.

The Jack went up with a zip of the wings, but silent other than that and flew in a pretty direct line East up the river. The second one was as described, noisy and all over the place and headed onto the reserve near the Shooting Butts.

Children
No Data