Hello everyone,

I hope you are well.

It's nearly here - Rainham's Christmas Fair! Come along on Friday 6 December 3-9 pm, and pick up some fabulous christmas gifts, listen to music, the kids can do some crafts and get a free glass of fizz!

Stallholders inside the Visitor Centre will have cards, jewellery, textiles (bags and more!) and wooden crafts for sale while Barry Jackson, Dawn Cowen and Sam Shippey will be exhibiting their photography and art. Our RSPB Shop will be open too for those essential Christmas gifts for you and your garden wildlife and there will be the opportunity to buy binoculars, telescopes and even a gift RSPB Membership. Keep the kids happy while you browse with children’s crafts.

James Lowen will be selling and signing his fabulous book

James Lowen, author of the fabulous book 52 Wildlife Weekends, will be here signing copies of his book – what a great chance to pick up your copy, it’s a fabulous Christmas gift! 52 Wildlife Weekends is a guide to British wildlife experiences packaged into 52 weekend-sized breaks highlights the best of British wildlife - from tiny silver-spotted skippers to gargantuan basking sharks, from seabird skyscrapers to autumn fungi.

There will be a selection of lovely images by Dawn Cowan

A lovely selection of Barry Jackson's photographs

Sam Shippey will have some of his stunning images

There will be a variety of differnt crafts such as cards, jewellery and some of these felty kingfishers I've been making (although at the moment there are a few half felty kingfishers - I have to sew them together!)

There will be a great selection of wooden objects by Ken

And more!