Easy Walks at Pagham Harbour

Thought I’d rise to the challenge of making the very first post in Pagham Harbour’s forum!

The Pagham home page doesn’t currently have a downloadable map of the reserve. I hope one can be produced, but I’ve found something which might be useful in the meantime, especially for first time visitors.

These are “Easy Countryside Trails” leaflets produced by West Sussex County Council. They are aimed at families and people with limited mobility, but are also pretty helpful in explaining parking, access and points of general interest for some of the most popular areas of the reserve.

3 - Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve and Sidlesham Quay

The Visitor Centre, Ferry Pool and the harbourside path to Sidlesham Quay

5 - Church Norton

St Wilfrid’s Chapel, Church Norton Spit and the Severals  

6 - North Wall

Breach Pool

• A great suggestion, Sue. The county council produced a map of the Reserve as well as walks leaflets,so it should be possible to put them on the Pagham home page. For those who enjoy a walk, for sale in the Visitor Center is a Walks around Sidlesham book (£5). I walked the North Wall this evening. It was flat calm, dead still and the clamour of the wildfowl was wonderfully clear.

• Unknown said:

A great suggestion, Sue. The county council produced a map of the Reserve as well as walks leaflets,so it should be possible to put them on the Pagham home page. 

Thanks Francis

Maybe the moderator Ben A could pursue this - he was asking the other day to know about reserves which don't have a map on their home page. 

Sue 

• Congratulations on a first post for Pagham Harbour - it's always great to hear that people are interested in and are enjoying the walks to be had at Pagham! You are quite right to point out the lack of a map on the web, and this is something that we are working on and will be available shortly. It's always worth paying a visit to the Harbour's visitor centre in Sidlesham where you can get visitor information including maps and trail leaflets, and enjoy the welcome shelter after a blustery walk on the Harour's edge!