My visit to pagham nature reserve.

What a stunning day. We arrived at 11am or just after. We went to the information center in search of a map as it was our first visit. We were greated warmly by a couple of guys and 1 helped us with the purchase of a map and which route to take that was best for our needs and what we wanted and boy was he right. We first saw a crested grebe. This was closely followed by a kestrel and a heron and a egret. Then we saw what we believed to be a linnet. Me and partner were talkng saying how a good a day this was turning out to be and no longer had we said it we saw the kestrel again. This time he was closer, very close infact. He flew over our heads and then diving to catch his prey. After a few seconds he flew up again and over to a sign. We followed a couple to get closer to him. I have to thank the couple for letting me pass and letting me go first with my camera incase i disturbed it which eventually I did. I managed to get so close and again I couldnt thank the patient couple enough. We continued for a while before turning back. Various smaller birds were also seen, including what I think is a whitethroat (im not good with birds). I cant believe that living locally we have never been to this place nor heard of it. It truly is an amazing place and will be visiting plentyfull in future. I will of course put the pictures up for all to enjoy just as I am.
  • Hi Lee

Glad you enjoyed your day at Pagham.

I see you have posted your photos in Pagham Harbour's gallery - I agree with your identifications (especially like the kestrel on the signpost).   

Hope you come back again, Pagham Harbour is such a vast place to explore. I take it you did your walk directly from the Visitor Centre, but Church Norton and the east (Pagham village) side of the harbour are definitely worth a visit too - then there's Medmerry!    

Did you know, you can post your photos directly in a forum thread - You first need to go to Settings (Black bar at top of page) then select Advanced options tab and change Content Editor to Enhanced. Then see this thread

Regards, Sue