if you're thinking about visiting and would like to find out more, ask away!

The website says "if you're thinking about visiting and would like to find out more, ask away!", but I'm a bit unclear about how to "askaway"? This seems to be the only available avenue, so I hope I'm doing it right? So some basic questions I haven't been able to find answers for on the website, re old Hall Marshes: When is it open for visitors? How do I get there? How big is the reserve? Is there a phone number? Other questions: What is it like and what can one do there - ie can one walk around and if so is there a specified walk that can be done through the reserve. Are there hides? Are there binoculars provided? Just any description of the place and its facilities would be helpful? I'm not sure who I'm addressing - an RSPB official or just enthusiasts signed up to this "group", but thanks for whatever you do to answer my questions. And can I suggest to any RSPB management that the website might at least say something about the reserve, rather than just be a blog of peoples sightings? Thank you Matthew
  • Matthew, as Bob has mentioned all the information you require is available on the website, here is the direct link for you www.rspb.org.uk/.../index.aspx.  There is a map of the site available to download as well.  Unfortunately we do not provide binoculars at Old Hall.

Hope you enjoy your visit here.  

Regards

Chris

• Hi Matthew,

as mentioned in previous replies - you will find answers to most of your questions  (including habitat descriptions/opening times/contact details etc.) by following the links to our reserve on the main RSPB website. If you require any further information - please contact the reserve staff on 01621 869015 or by email to oldhallmarshes@rspb.org.uk. and we will endevour to provide the information you need. May I suggest that you time your visit to coincide with high tides, as this will enhance your enjoyment of the species we have by allowing closer viewing opportunities. Again, please contact us if you require information on tides.

We look forward to your visit.

Kind regards

Simon.