Osprey sightings 2013

France , Landes :

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013
Marais d'Orx
(Générique) / Orx (40)
2 Ospreys (Pandion haliaetus) [Yohann Montane ]

• What might help is if we have a fluent French speaker who could contact the site and/or the photographer and see if more detail is available re the ring.

• Mike B said:

Does that look like a Darvic ring on the left leg?. I can't enlarge the photo.

It looks like a white Darvic ring so possibly a Scottish bird.  You can enlarge a photo on screen by holding down your Control key and pressing the + sign :)

• Mike: I think the photographer tried to read the ring without success. He said......"Perched on a valve (sluice gate?) between 2 ponds. A grey ring on the left non-readable, some attempts at fishing without success."

ChloeB & Tiger's Osprey Data Site

Sat track schedule Spring 2014

LG 7 days; RW & SWT nil; LDOP varies

• Thank you Sheryl.I've learned something today!.

I do agree with you though as I also thought it was a white darvic ring.

• You press the Control and the minus sign ;p

• Just back from our local lagoons at Mortagne sur Gironde, France & what a treat;2 ospreys including a ringed youngster. It may be AU9 seen the other day, what do you think? The other looked like an adulte male with a white wing feather. Anyone recognise him?

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Mike B said:
    Now I need to learn how the hell to reduce it back?

Press CTRL and zero Mike

• Sheryl W said:
    It looks like a white Darvic ring so possibly a Scottish bird.  You can enlarge a photo on screen by holding down your Control key and pressing the + sign :)

Yes but if it is a white Darvic what has happened to BTO ring on the other leg?