LG Osprey GABFEST for November 2012

The 2012 Loch Garten season started with disappointments.  Then we lost the baby in traumatic circumstances. Then in October we lost the second of this year’s chicks, Alba.

So now in November we look forward to following the adventures of our one surviving tracked LG youngster, Caledonia.  She apparently left home to move to the city, where she has been exploring city life.  Will she become a city girl or will she eventually pack up and move on to Africa?  They say you can take the girl out of country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl.   Many hope she will stay in Spain.   We shall see. 

We will be following other tagged UK osprey as well as other birds and wildlife as interesting nests or stories become available.

Also during November we hope to have another Music Night and our third StreetWalk.

• Hi B&B ,
    My Robin still comes every morning and afternoon when I go to feed him. He is on the pic by my name. I named him after my late son " Colin" I go and feed him every morning. Hope he will be ok while I am in Aus, LOL LOl

• Fish, lovely to see you and hope you are on the mend.

He will be ok friend but they are so adorable, I make sure I feed him and I have seen him eating before the Starlings come but I like them also lol.

I must get a name for him fish :) Love the name Colin lol. I will let you know what I have named him.

When do you go to Ozz, it must be soon

• Hello everyone, just put Xmas cake in oven looks a bit dodgy at the moment. OH tells me off for getting attached to theospreys and for getting upset but youre right just cant help it! So upset about Alba and now Ceulan, hopefully there will be good news on Wednesday. Id like to think that more have survived than we think! There have been intruders whose identity is onknown. I really dread looking in on Wednesday incase bad news. Lovely sparkling day for remembrance Sunday, very moving beyond words really.

• Beautifulpoem and photo for remembrance Sunday! Thankyou

• MY Grand son ( Not Colin 's  son Liz. 's son Ed , his mum is flying to Aus for xmas as well she lives in Malaysia ( teaches English at some school there.) So Kate will have a house full of family. Great!!! Can't wait to go.

• 58willow the fun will begin as soaking my fruit on Friday and you are the guniea pig.

I am sure it will be ok and cannot wait to find out :) I can smell it from here. Yum Yum

Yes I get the same at home about getting upset.

I really hope your cake turns out out ok and cannot wait to see. Let you know how I get on next weekend :)

You have cheered me up

• Going to watch Strictly results and X factor

ttfn all

• Unknown said:

At the risk of more tears, but with Valc's words ringing in our ears "A glimmer of hope", I'll post my favorite picture from this osprey season:

My sympathies to all who are hurting, especially Sandra.

That is a truly lovely picture to post today - it's a reminder of such a wonderful deed.  Both of us sincerely hope that it is the tag misbehaving rather than the worst.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Wish they did not have to migrate at such an young age.

• Unknown said:
    I am just going to accept it is in my make-up and no point trying to deny it or change :) I just care too much.

That's all you can do.  To be honest, we need as many people as possible who care.  It really hurt me when Alba was lost, but to try to shut out hurt also means you shut out joy.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here