The 2012 and 2013 Loch Garten Group Awards Thread

Yesterday mims made me a rather lovely award in the form of this picture. It got me thinking that since TPTB habitually ignore the Loch Garten Group when it comes to any form of recognition then we might as well do our own awards since it is the end of the season.

I was thinking along the lines of highlighting the five posters that each person feels did most this year to make the Loch Garten Group the lovely place it has been.

Mind you the only problem is that there are a lot more than five people who have made the Loch Garten Group what it is.

Here are some of my thoughts about those who come to mind.

1. Alan Petrie for his never ending quest to bring us the latest osprey news

2. Sue C for her wonderful tracking threads

3. scylla   for her endless recording of the camera

4. moffer for recording and identifications

5. June for her excellent stewardship of the Gabfest

6. Keith Rogers for his endless explanation

7. Black Jaguar for his wonderful bike ride

8. Diane for administering the Weekly thread

9. Annette for her long term contribution

10 Patily for her summaries under the most difficult of circumstances

11. ChloeB for her charts

I could go on and on but I think people get the idea. So pehaps people should think hard about who you want to highlight. So let us have some feedback.

• I'm very confused.....we had this situation with poor Birdsong, whose profile announced she was male to the world.  Patily's does as well.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• At this point I'm going to say that Limpy is definitely male!!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Oh yes - Limpy nominates CC for her enthusiasm for those odd phrases in the English language!

• Clare Bailey said:

Oh yes - Limpy nominates CC for her enthusiasm for those odd phrases in the English language!

Ooops how could I have forgotten CC. CC has been around for many years and is the top IT expert we know.

• See? It is just impossible to single people out Tiger :)

• It is certainly very hard - I've literally been through dozens of names.  A very small number do stick out, though.

• Tiger I agree totally with your list but sceptical and a good idea. "Good Eggs" springs to mind.

I think brilliant and people should be nominated but what about others that think they deserve it. Great idea and I do not deserve it and all you listed certainly do what a fantastic forum.

• Unknown said:

Tiger I agree totally with your list but sceptical and a good idea. "Good Eggs" springs to mind.

I think brilliant and people should be nominated but what about others that think they deserve it. Great idea and I do not deserve it and all you listed certainly do what a fantastic forum.

Yes but the crucial difference between this and "Good Eggs" is that the nominations are in your own hands. That makes things  very different.

• Tiger, I do not agree as a lot of people have put input and contraversial. As I say the "Good Eggs" Now awards here. sorry but do not like.

I agree with the nomimations and honestly my list but I do not like awards and say no more lol

I think it is wrong as a lot of people have put a lot in and think it is wrong for anyone to nomimate as it could upset. There to me is no difference from the Good Egg Awards. I think this is worse and sorry but I do

2 wrongs do not make a right and smiling. no war here lol lol.

Love it :) smiling so much

• ChloeB said:

I dont like to pick out individuals as everyone has had a part to play in the complex mix of enjoyment and support that we all get from this group.

I agree with you Alan. Neither do I.

Many thanks from me to you ALL for being such a lovely group and a pleasure to be with, but please, please, don't put me on an award list for doing something I enjoy...or ask me to select some people above others. Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket, please don't be offended, and thank you Tiger, but this just isn't for me.

[/quote]First I must thank you for the mention in dispatches and know your intentions are meant well.

However I must totally agree with Alan P and ChloeB without repeating what they have already written - The entire group should be given the award if there is such for making the group what it is both enjoyable and informative - so I have added another nominee - "The Posters of The Loch Garten Group".