SUMMARY of Black Jaguar's (Brians) Charity Cycle from Loch Garten to Rutland Water

Note: Please do not post in this thread and keep it as a Summary of the Great Event - Thank You!

Lets see if we can come together and raise a bit of money for the Osprey Centre.

I am making an appeal to all of you Osprey lovers.  I have read that the LG community is over 600 strong, lets say that there are 150/200 active posters or lurkers.. if everyone donated say £10. I'd imagine that the centre would be able to put £1500/£2000 to very good use.

On the 23rd April I will be setting off from Loch Garten on my bike, just me my gear and my bike no support or following vehicle, and on the Sunday after that is the 29th April I will roll into Rutland Water.(possibly right into Rutland Water..lol). I'm still putting finishing touches to my route and will post it as soon as it is done.

So come on folks, as a well known supermarket would say "every little helps".

Here is the Link to the Just Giving Page I have set up..

Black Jaguars Charity Cycle

Hi everyone..

Here's a wee summary of my route..

Day 1.23/4... Early train from Glasgow Queen Street. 07:06 arriving Aviemore 09:47. Cycle to Loch Garten. I hope to be at LG around 10:30. If, as I hope, some of you manage to be at the start that would be brilliant and a wee chat with you then off at 11:00. Destination,  Pitlochry. a distance of around 65 miles.

Day 2.24/4... Pitlochry, via Vane Farm, Loch Leven and The Forth Bridge to Edinburgh approx. 90 miles.

Day 3.25/4... Edinburgh, over the border to Alnwick.. approx 85 miles.

Day 4.26/4... Alnwick, into North Yorkshire to Osmotherly. I think this will be a tough day another 90 miles approx.

Day 5.27/4... Osmotherly to Hull. approx 75 miles.

Day 6.28/4... Hull via The Humber Bridge to Boston, the terrain should be flattening out here so I hope to make good time.. 85 miles approx.

Day 7.29/4... Boston to Rutland Water. 40 miles approx Here the Challenge ends and I can relax. I still have 20 ish miles to Peterborough. Then for fun and to visit relatives and maybe meet up with Sugar, I'm off to Norwich on the Monday 30/4.. approx 80 miles.

3rd of May Train back to Glasgow from Norwich and cycle home.. back to work on the 5th...

All for one and one for all

Just Giving... Charity Cycle Donate here.... please  :-)