LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Christmas is coming - The Coca Cola Truck Advert has just been on.

• Keith Ally is very intelligent and gets awards for Maths and overall subjects and did get best performance in the School last year. His haircut is horrendous he is shaved at both sides and a strip down the middle of his head with an M at the bottom. He is quiet but too quiet and do not like it at all. I have no say but fuming. His dad lets him do what he likes and I know his Mother will be furious as I am. He looks like a thug for a 14 yr old. Not happy

• One thing about haircuts, B&B< they do grow out.  Over here we say the difference between a good & a bad haircut is two maybe three weeks.  Don't despair.

• I do like Thomas Kinkaid paintings and anything about lighthouses interests me.  They have such a history: of their construction, of the people who kept them burning, of the lives & boats the lights & their keepers have saved.  All part of the wonderful and inspiring romance of the ocean.

And N>Carolina is my favorite state.  Gatlinburg & the mountains on the inside, the Ocean & Outer Banks on th outside.  Fabulous!

About Cape Hatteras Lite - when we first went, we took pictures of the base of the old light that had been there before the present one.  Some years later we realized we hadn't seen it for a while & asked.  We were told that presumably it was still just where it had always been, but that now was under sea.  Every year we went the beach beneath he light (excellent for gathering shells) was smaller & the land on which the lite was situated  had shrunk even more.  They debated for a while whether to move it or let it  become a part of the sea it had gaurded for so long.  Finally they moved it.

Did you read about The British Cemetery? I thought that might interest you.

• My fav Chistmas advert is the Iron Bru one with the Snowman, it always makes me laugh everytime I see it

• "IRN-BRU snowman" on You-Tube I love this advert all. Maybe it is not seen in England I am not sure but a classic.

June another theme for music night adverts lol.

• ok talking to myself but another I love

"kit kat pandas"

I am having an advert music night on my own lol

• OK B&B You've got my attention now. Sorry, it's hard to distract me when I'm talking about the Outer Banks & lighthouses. and trying to prepare dinner at the same time.   Yes, I will look for your ads. right now.  be back shortly and tell you if I like them.

• The kit-kat one is cute.  He's so engrossed in his candy he misses the very elaborate show behind him.  MUST be good candy.

Like the snowman one too.  And I'm ready to get ready for bed.

• sunshine said:

BJ is the ROCK named after that great rock you pass on the way from the great western road to LOCH LOMAND..

Good morning all,

A very big welcome back Keith, great to see you posting again...you've been missed.

Yes Sunshine, that is Dumbarton Rock.. (June it's nothing like Edinburgh rock..lol) The town crest is an elephant with a castle on it's back, I'm told from a certain angle the Rock has this appearence.. not sure myslef.. I think I've a few pics on file of it, I'll have a look later and put one on. An American Wigeon.. never seen one before.. wow.

June, yes my teams wee stadium is right in the shadow of the rock. a 2,200 seat stadium, rarely full. Oh we won 3-0 yesterday.. the Sons... Dumbarton FC. nickname, The Sons of the Rock. This title is for anyone born within sight of the Rock.. sort of like cockneys and the bow bells... lol

B&B.. the Irn Bru adverts are all funny.. do you remember the one with the granny in the scooter, ram raiding the shop...brilliant, or going further back Mrs McPhee passing her driving test in a Irn Bru lorry...

I'm away for a sleep. There is a couple coming at mid day to arrange their wedding album.. catch you all later.

All for one and one for all.