LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Hi all, I have just heard from Keith and he will be a while longer in hospital and he says thank you for all the good wishes and he does look at the Gabfest and forums.

Seems it could be something that he could have picked up in Equatorial Guinea and says he wished had not gone looking for the Drill.

So pleased to hear news all

• ChrisS Oswald worried us all and seems he was a clever Osprey that had us all worried and learnt to fish and then hopefully stays in Spain and I will say something, he did not want to leave Scotland but I guess he will be reluctant to leave Spain also when the time to come back to Scotland arrives.

June/ChrisS I am so looking forward to Autumn watch on Friday and June you will be able to see it when it is posted of Dyfi but unfortunatley you will know everything unless you stay off here until it is posted. The good news is you can watch :)

• June tomorrow evening is Thursday here and it must be the time difference where you are :)

• A much bigger time gap than I realized, B&B.  That's only the first mistake I ever made, so don't expect another any time soon.  :)

Thanks so much for the encouraging news on Keith.  He & Susan have been in my prayers.  If Keith is anything like most men I know when they are sick, Susan probably needs the prayers more that Keith does.

Seriously, Keith, I hope you are on the mend & will be with us soon once again.

• June I just checked the clock do you remember showing me the way to set up the different time zones. :)

Seriously I thought it was the time zone and saw the clock and you are behind, syncronise it is now 15.27 where you are lol

• "ANYTIME SOON" yes ok, see you Friday a few hrs away:)

I was going to ask some number person to help but I think I have worked it out it and it will be 30hrs until I talk again June. "Friday" :)))

edit! at this time I meant and probably hung myself

• B&B, 15:27 is like French to me. I have to interpret it before I can read it.  I call it "Navy time" because they use it in our armd forces and my husband was in the Navy so he understands it. No one else ever uses it here.

So if I figure it out by counting on my fingers or however, then 15:27 is 3;27 pm , right? or did I just make my second ever mistake?

• mmmm maybe 3.27 to me is 03:27 in the morning. 15.27 is 3.27 pm.

Yes Navy time and and can see your husband had to use it. I say it without thinking and maybe do not realise :)

I remember at a previous job and I asked for a delivery at 3pm the horrible man said we work by the 24 hr clock. That guy used to bully everyone and make people cry. He used to pick on new people. I had enough one day and I said do not speak to me until you are in a better mood and ring me back and put the phone down. After that things were fine lol

I cannot believe I have been out with the dog for nearly an hr, not only can I talk on here but been talking in the street for ages lol.

• edit i did say something before f off and do not speak etc. we both ended up apologising to each other.

• MUSIC NITE

WHEREAS :)  a lot of people enjoyed our first music night and

WHEREAS ;)  they seemed to be looking forward to a second one  and

WHEREAS :)  it is getting as quiet as a ghost town here on the Gabfest

I therefore make the following proposals:

1. that we liven things up a bit with our Second Music Night!

2. that the theme for the said Second Music night be PERSONAL FAVORITES.

3. that we have the Second Music Night soon! I suggest Sat Nov 19th.

I further suggest that each of you get in touch with the Gabfest with your agreements or disagreements and any suggestions you have for procedures.

Remember, we keep our own private list of music to ourselves until the night.