LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Thanks for the link Sugar.  I'll check it out.

Between posts I've been doing some sorting out-throwing away in the workshop.    Problem is I'm more of a holder-on than a thrower-out! Think I've made a little progress, so I feel good.  Congratulations aren't in order yet, just give me a little encouragement so I keep going back to it.

• Sandra thank you for that and have just read what you are talking about. Could the aerial slanting be the harness as slipped and that does worry me. Maybe it is Leri or Bynack but it is only an observation and not conclusive but worrying.

I am so sorry for what I said last night and apologise to all and Roy Dennis but I do stand by that until these harnesses and trackers can be said to not harm any birds then they should be put on hold.

I have enjoyed tracking but if anyway these harnesses and trackers can harm birds then I feel terrible for following.

• To be honest, Bynack really got to my heart and worried so much about him.

Going to bed as I too honest all :)

• B&B enjoy the cake shop tomorrow,and hope we get some good news next week about all the birds.

Night night.

• Lowry I am so looking forward to the Cup Cake cafe and been an avid follower of tracking and was totally against it before and have learnt so much.

I cannot come round to the sewing of harnesses on and now a report of an aerial slipping. "the big fight dyfi osreys" on you tube but I seriously  think Leri was caught up in something on Dulas and scary.

I am totally honest and not sure and on the fence all.

Please if any harm in anyway is done to these beautiful birds it does need to be stopped

• Good evening all,

B&B... glad you're staying with the gabbers.. as I said I'd miss your say what you think posts.

I think we all agree, if the harnesses are causing harm then the use of them MUST be halted...

Enjoy the cake shop.. are you going by bike? it's looking like a nice day tomorrow.

June, keep up with the clearing out.. it'll be worth it in the end.

Lowry, thank you, it was a nice day and the shoot went well...

All for one and one for all.

• Sandra i am not hopeful about Leri she or her tracker as not been found and a mystery and always hope.Totally in bits as she the greediest and laziest and her and Dulas were so close.

Night night all.

• BRIGHT & BREEZY -- remember that my favourite the wonderful  MALLACHIE was tagged and she stopped transmitting ... i stayed positive and thought that the sat tag had stopped sending signals or it had fallen off and broke ...i still think she is still out there and in the future we will see her again... also a lot of information has been learned about the movement of ospreys and i think they are going to be a success ... think positive my friend..  going to SPURN in six hours to try and see an ISABALINE WHEATEAR... wish me luck

• Black jaguar,glad everything went well yesterday.

Sunshine hope you get to see the Wheatear at Spurn.

B&B enjoy the cake shop,make sure you bring us some.

• Good morning/afternoon everyone.  We had a time change overnight, so I'm now back to a 5 hour diffrence with you - was 4 hrs for a while.

SUNSHINE, hope you saw your isabaline Wheatear!

Which reminds me, KEITH, get well soon. I'm still waiting to find out how they count 63,142 birds.

Earlier this morning I heard a very distinctive birdsong outside my window. Unfortunately I never learned to identify their songs.. Checking it out I saw a small bird sitting on my empty bird feeder.  In the early morning light I could only make out a dark sillouette, so the bird remaind anonymous. I MUST fill those feeders this afternoon.  In the meantime, I scattered a couple of handfuls of seeds, but I think the bird had already moved on.