Daily Update (LG Nest) Sunday, 21st August 2011

So the season extends by yet another day. One wonders if Bynack or Odin will fly away today. The only way to find out is to follow the thread.

There were 316 posts made yesterday.

How long will we have to wonder where Tore is? Is she in France? Is she heading for the sturgeon farm?

• Point taken Sandy. I never did have a lot of patience. :blush:

• Sandy, we have read that blog.  I don't think it explains this total information black-out.

IMAGICAT

• Mary  after becoming absolutely captivated by ospreys I find this time of year very emotional.  It has been such a good year with not much sibling rivalry.  It will be hearts in mouths time all over again.  We worry when we wait for EJ and Odin to appear, then worry again about the eggs and hatching.  Ee then wait with bated breath worrying that they will be well fed and fo course finally the fledging.  It all happens so quickly and then they leave us.  Life seems a bit empty then but what we do have is  wonderful records by way of vidoes, captures and some wonderful commentary. 

Margobird

• I see that Bynack is still with us although a little subdued by the sound of it :(

Maybe he knows his time is near to take flight for warmer climes.

I want him to go but feel better that Odin is there as backup for him if he isnt quite ready.

The close up pictures of Bynack yesterday and those of Bynack and Tore this morning are stunning thank you for them.

It would be nice to know where Tore was on her journey south after the 18th Aug.

A very old Shropshire Lad.

• Morning everyone

An osprey landed on the nest a few minutes ago. I assume it is Bynack but I did not identify him.

• Bynack landed on the nest briefly a couple of minutes ago but took straight off again.

• Morning Tiger.  I assumed Bynack from his voice (I know, assume nothing!) He was too quick for me to capture.

• Ladybird said:

Morning Tiger.  I assumed Bynack from his voice (I know, assume nothing!) He was too quick for me to capture.

Morning to you too Ladybird

He slipped to the edge of the nest very quickly. I suppose we can report that a "UFO" landed on the nest and stayed a short while. :) :)

• Reading Richard Thaxton's last blog, I know we can all appreciate how busy they are at the centre, but this time is crucial and the information we politely request is valuable towards the long term understanding of migration and documenting the problems Ospreys may encounter in certain geographical areas.

Only a suggestion...what if we could relieve the very nice people at LG of some pressure and delegate one of OUR very responsible and capable team on this forum to access and report the data?

I know we have to consider the minefield of data protection etc, but this information is not a national security risk after all. I may be totally deluded and it may not be technically possible but is it worth considering?  We don't want the sorry situation that now prevails at Loch of Lowes where we hear so very little information.  

• Was thinking Tiger?  Scylla? Moffer? ChloeB?  and all of you amazing people out there,

too many to mention :)