Visiting Loch Garten and Strathspey

I offered to start this Topic before my own trip to Scotland, so thought I'd better get on with it. 

The idea - somewhere to bring together people's accounts of their visits, photos, useful information, questions from those planning a trip - a sort of scrapbook really. 

I still need to write up my own visit, but anyone is welcome to post material or links here.       

• Wow Tiger I'm exhausted just reading that account.

Hope the car has recovered from its outing + isnow enjoying its hols!! Lol.

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• I've really enjoyed the photos and accounts on this thread of that part of the world.

Tiger, I presume you're safely home now!

Osprey, It was good to see the photo of you with your little family.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• Osprey, I'm afraid the car is very poorly and awaiting major surgery...may even be written off. We were very impressed with the RAC's response, also the police for staying with us until we had been towed off the hard shoulder to a place of safety. I have never been more relieved to have full breakdown cover. Just one simple phone call and help was on the way. We may have arrived home late but were well looked after.

• Well, Tiger, it certainly looks as though you had a fabulous time up there. Thanks for the account and you met nearly all the staff/volunteers that we here about on the blogs - fantastic.  And to find out the man you saw whilst exploring was none other than the brother of a well known authority on ospreys - it must have really made your day.

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

• Aww Tiger and Chloe. What a lovely story.  Even the ending whilst it must have been stressful reads like it was another happening along the way.  Your trip sounds nostalgic yet its right up to date. I'm sorry I missed you both by one week as I will be at the centre next week.  Just a one-day visit though - no time for touring - sad face.  Welcome home to both of you.

• Tiger, What is it with you two and cars. It was lucky that it didn't spoil your holiday and waited until the end before it broke down. Sorry Chloe that the car is so poorly. Makes it an expensive holiday.

You obviously enjoyed yourselves and met everyone at LG, but you don't mention actually seeing EJ, Odin, Tore or Bynack. Have you some photographs of them or are they going to be on another thread?  As a guide for people who have never been, you have covered many places to visit and where to eat. Sounds as if you had very long days travelling around but well worth it. Thanks for sharing your holiday.

• Brenda H  I was wondering how it was going to be before someone mentioned that. Yes I am sure that there are pictures of EJ, Odin, Tore and Bynack but they will take a bit longer to extract. Not all processess are linear.

• Thanks Tiger. I do understand. I am being impatient again.

• Thanks for your lovely travelogue.  Mention of so many places (including eateries) that OG and I have used over the past few years is gratifying.  We are going up there for a few days next week (to include the Meet with Gary et al), and will be visiting some of the places you went to now that I've been reminded of them so pleasurably.

• Tiger wonderful reading and lovely pics, I cannot believe the Chaffinch's eating out of your pocket and the pictures unbelievable. That has never happenend to my but I can tell people wonderful places to visit in Scot. I have so much to say about Mull.  You should have called me when you broke down nr Glasgow but that would have taken longer because, I a terrible driver and miss Glasgow. So pleased you had a wonderful time at LG and I must must get there this yr.

I have said I was only passing them yrs ago and was overwhelmed with the enthuisam by staff there and oh I wish I was as interested as I am now. however that experience made me interested in Ospreys and really would love to go back and dare I go there and say it is b&b.

ChloeB just clicked your a tigeress lol