Technical Test Thread

I have decided to start this thread for discussing technical issues that come up rather than messing up the other threads.

I guess the first issue seems to be pasting Word text into posting boxes.

Recently we have had three threads lockup up as a result of posts involving Word text.

• Internet safety, I need help to find a press report I read this morning and now cannot find it. Can anyone help please?

This came out in January 15th.

It referred to what I saw this morning in one of the papers.

"The big four internet service providers (ISPs) – TalkTalk, Virgin, Sky and BT – have all agreed to introduce network level filters that will cover all internet devices in the home. This will provide parents with an easier and simpler way to introduce parental controls on their children’s access to adult content."

The article I am looking for said today that these new measures would go 'live' in two months.

I am running a training course on this subject, for parents and hence the interest.

I should have bookmarked it at the time.

EDIT: Ah!! Technology to the rescue.......I looked up my browsing history and found it......The Times.

ChloeB & Tiger's Osprey Data Site

Sat track schedule Spring 2014

LG 7 days; RW & SWT nil; LDOP varies

• Glad you found it jsb, I have been searching and could only come up with Dec 2013 reports.  

Doggie is on the ball :-)

• I am lucky I was still logged on otherwise the history would have gone.

P.S. I am hoping that this ISP development will block/filter smartphones on wifi networks. The 13/14 year-olds with their smartphones in bed are having to hand them over to parents before they turn in for the night.

ChloeB & Tiger's Osprey Data Site

Sat track schedule Spring 2014

LG 7 days; RW & SWT nil; LDOP varies

• Unknown said:

Doggie is on the ball :-)

I wish Mary, i had spent 5 minutes searching for it and got as far as you did before i realised you could find it again in the history lol

[/quote]

Well at least the penny dropped for you Alan, it didn't for me :-)

• An interesting link as we approach our busy season!!

Maybe worth bookmarking as another line of enquiry, if the need should arise.....

Is the site down?

• How useful, KATE, thank you! :-*

===========

CARNYX LOCH GARTEN CAM

I have found that the cam player no longer switches off every 10-15 minutes, but (according to me) it does have to be manually activated to get started:

The problem is that, when the stream fails and freezes, it does not recover until the browser is refreshed, and when the browser refreshes you are (I am!) back to having to activate the player again.  As you know, I record the cam 24/7, much of that time unattended, therefore I set my browser to refresh every 10-30 minutes, depending on the state of the stream that day - so this will cause big interruptions in "service" :'(

I'd be very grateful if anyone would care to experiment for me, so that I know that the behaviour is the same for everyone and not some problem with my setup?

At the end of last season I was in seventh heaven - I had Opera filling in from its cache any missed time during the refreshes, and to cap it all an email from Carnyx to show to any false copyright claimants... then the new cam player was launched and my world fell apart (that's in drama queen mode ;-) ).

BTW - today I'm getting this, tested on 4 browsers, all the same.  Maybe something exciting is going on?  Or not.  LOL ;-D

IMAGICAT

• This is a bit like the EastEnders webcams being blacked out.

• I've never heard of the EastEnders webcams, TIGER :o  

And you haven't told me if you have to activate the cam manually >:(  How cruel and uncaring you are ;-)

Anyway, the bird-feeder is back now :-)

Note the number of views, 6474, which I presume is cumulative from when?  It will be interesting to see how that increases in a week or so ;-)

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I've never heard of the EastEnders webcams, TIGER :o  

In the past at any rate the EE set had three webcams. However if there was sensitive filming going on they got blacked out. I am not sure if they still exist but they probably do.