Weekly Chat page, Tuesday, September 1, 2009

OK, let's see how this goes. Maybe use this page for general chat, which can include ospreys, but also non-osprey related chatter? It also doesn't have to be Daily, but time will tell. It may not take shape until after the Diary goes away.

As Carol noted, Tiger set up the "Tracking Rothes and Mallachie" page, which might be the best place for serious observations about our girls and their progress. There's also a "Tracking Other UK Ospreys" page .

In the meantime, we can twitter on about ospreys, dogs, guinea pigs, kids, vacations, etc., - and post poems - here without boring the "osprey only" members of the community.

Feel free to boo loudly and make suggestions if you see any problems. Thanks everyone!

• Unknown said:

Dear Folks: May I make a very humble suggestion that we ignore negative stuff, no matter the source or how just/unjust we feel it might be?  If we ignore, it will simply die from lack of attention.

I totaly agree with you annette

• Meanwhile, back on the Diary page, folks have noticed that Mallachie's chosen route is taking her over a succession of prisons!

• Hello everyone from the other blog.

Thank you for inviting me on.

It's taken me ages to learn how to post a comment, so this is a bit confusing but my husband said if I go to the last blog and write a reply in that, it should work so here goes.

I was upset and angry with everything going on and feel Iv'e lost my enthusiasm but will try and get going again. I am missing Tracy Island weather reports from Alan and hope they will return as I can't see there being any problems on this site. Basically if you don't want to read it then don't is my answer or just use other sites.

Enjoy Maureens, Soosins, Alans, Annettes and others general chat. Glad Hamish is ok. My daugher has just rung to say she is just back from her African adventure and exausted, unfortunatly I had to tell her about our guinea-pig dying which wasn't a good start poor thing.

Just read Richards report and she flew over my father in-law at Burton-on Trent. If she now goes directly south she will fly over Bournemouth or Poole. Mallachie is taking her time travelling through Britain compaired with Rothes but I suppose that shoulnd't suprise us. Maybe the terrible weather yesterday evening and at times today is holding her up now. Looks more promising tomorrow.

Hope this has worked and will continue using this site as will then soon all get into this again.

JILLIAN

• Has anyone else noticed that despite adding 'flags' at each section of Mallachie's journey - (which I thought was supposed to start each 'fly with' tour from the last flag )- the fly tour always go back to LG?

Is there something else I should be doing? Or do we simply always have to start at the beginning?

• Annette - No problem re earlier - thanks. How lucky you are to have hummingbirds - I've only seen them once!

Hi Jillian! 

Cirrus - That happens to me too - I haven't found any way of starting from the last flag yet.

• Mmmm. What a pity. Thanks Sue C. Oh, it's past 19.00 hours . Must open GE and see what we see!

• Jillian it would be wonderful if she flew over Poole where I live.  I am always out in the garden looking up at the sky and watching birds so who knows I may be lucky.

Margobird

• Annette you are quite right about ignoring the negative stuff.  It will go away if we deal with it this way.

Margobird

• Alan sparrowhawks are magnificent  birds.  I have a female that regularly visits my garden.  She stands on the rim of the bird bath looking straight into my kitchen window.  Of course she does sometime catch a bird but this is nature and they all have to eat.

Margobird

• MARGOBIRD:  Gosh, you're lucky - I've only ever seen a sparrowhawk in flight, can't imagine what its like to look out of the window & see one in the garden. Sorry to hear you've had a brush with the NHS, but hope like me you found the staff to be wonderful, & that you soon recover from your nasty experience. (I've not been well this year but the birds/blog/bouncy posts/brilliant photos/bravado/bright sparks/blubby videos all cheered me up no end!!)

Hope we can all get along fine now we have somewhere where we can feel we can say anything we like (anything good, that is).