Weekly Chat page, Tuesday, September 1, 2009

OK, let's see how this goes. Maybe use this page for general chat, which can include ospreys, but also non-osprey related chatter? It also doesn't have to be Daily, but time will tell. It may not take shape until after the Diary goes away.

As Carol noted, Tiger set up the "Tracking Rothes and Mallachie" page, which might be the best place for serious observations about our girls and their progress. There's also a "Tracking Other UK Ospreys" page .

In the meantime, we can twitter on about ospreys, dogs, guinea pigs, kids, vacations, etc., - and post poems - here without boring the "osprey only" members of the community.

Feel free to boo loudly and make suggestions if you see any problems. Thanks everyone!

• Thanks Carol.  I don't check the facebook site often and am not on it myself (daughters said they would kill me - Ha Ha)

• Carol - should have included your helpful info about the Pete's pond webcam in the reply above - that's what my thanks were for

• birdnuts said:

Carol - should have included your helpful info about the Pete's pond webcam in the reply above - that's what my thanks were for

No problem. There is another african website to follow

http://www.djuma.com/live_cam.php

They take the camera on game drives.

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein

• Hello there and a belated Good Morning campers !!

I was so excited to see where Mallachie is this morning.  I have friends in Pershore a little more south than Birmingham admittedly but not all that far as the Osprey flies  :)  and they 'just happened' to look up (at the right time) and saw two migrating Ospreys. I'm filled with hope that all our girls when they decide to travel on might come upon a fellow traveller and have the company of (perhaps) a more experienced Osprey to guide them.

• Carol W said:

I have finally lost my rag and am disgusted with the behaviour of some members of this community who have complained about cyber bullying and feeling that there were personal comments about them and then go and do it on each other's personal pages with comments about other members of the community.

I Who are you??   don't know you but don't speak to me like that. You don't know me either.  Who gives you the right to tell me what to do.  I started nothing.  I minded my own business and I object to you going on to MY Page and telling me off,  Take a hike!

And if you are so disgusted report me.  I'm a bit fed up with your pompousity and righteousness.

Everything in life is speaking in spite of its apparent silence.

• I can't believe this is still carrying on for another day.  Yawn!!  HOw boring.  .  Switched on this morning and we're still at. Stop now every body.   And if anybodt wants chidishly to take a swi[pe at me. Forget it. I am out for the rest of the day and I am deleting my page. MY page is for my friends. 

• Carol W said:

I have finally lost my rag and am disgusted with the behaviour of some members of this community who have complained about cyber bullying and feeling that there were personal comments about them and then go and do it on each other's personal pages with comments about other members of the community.

Well said Carol - i would like to just add that some comments made about Richard are totally uncalled for

Valerie

• Karen, I've   written explaining about the Weekly Chat page and how it works etc on your own page.

• Morning Jane,

Looked at the web cam and it looks as bad as it does here.  Heavy rain, cloudy and miserable.  Hope Mallachie and Garten are fine.  The Ge is updated now.  x

• Tish so agree with you why do people want to cause bad feeling amongst us bloggers.  Have posted on the other blog stating that I agree totally with Maureen so please please less of the fighting and insults.  It is not productive at all.  We are all here because of our love of ospreys and nothing should detract from that.  As for comments made about Richard I am really mad that people feel like that.  He is a dedicated person, devoted to his opsreys and who  has taught us all such a lot about their lives.  He deserves only praise for his absolute dedication.

Margobird