Weekly Chat page, Tuesday, September 1, 2009

OK, let's see how this goes. Maybe use this page for general chat, which can include ospreys, but also non-osprey related chatter? It also doesn't have to be Daily, but time will tell. It may not take shape until after the Diary goes away.

As Carol noted, Tiger set up the "Tracking Rothes and Mallachie" page, which might be the best place for serious observations about our girls and their progress. There's also a "Tracking Other UK Ospreys" page .

In the meantime, we can twitter on about ospreys, dogs, guinea pigs, kids, vacations, etc., - and post poems - here without boring the "osprey only" members of the community.

Feel free to boo loudly and make suggestions if you see any problems. Thanks everyone!

• Hi from Spain! Pity we can't track Garten but it looks like Mallachie and Rothes are doing great :-) I wonder whether TF has already left LG: no news about him/her. Can't wait to see red squirrels, as Richard promised on the blog :-)

• If you are still up, Good morning Annette, and thank you for this sensible solution. I believe a Weekly Update page may work very well. Since you are most likely to start the page it make sense you don't have to do it every day. And after a week of blogs we may get 'fed up' of all the scrolling down or Crtl End(ing) it the blogs just go on and on. 

This is where I and others like me can blog, it really does (dare I say it )  'feel' right. So a very hearfelt 'thank you' from me.

I'm really looking forward to finding out how far Mallachie has got  tonight. I shall be checking the wind direction out all the time when she's down on the south coast, for that all important crossing. I can't remember who blogged it but they were saying how they saw Ospreys down on the south coast. Just wonderful - better chance of spotting one than where I am but on my hike on Sunday I was in real danger of stepping into cow pat after cow pat 'cos I kept looking up all the time. Just in case. Every Buzzard, Crow and 'large' bird became an Osprey for a second or two.    :)

Off to my personal page now, without 'notiications' of someone leaving me a note I've decided to do a daily check in (or two :)   )

Oh yes, you never  said how the Wild Fires are doing currently - we've had some very bad press about it on our TV and I do so hope you and yours have not lost property. But hey, of course, you're off to take Granddaughter to Arizona so all must be well. Safe journey and return.

• Good morning Annette a bit late for you I know but I think it is a good idea to have a weekly update.  Shame we no longer get notifications of posting as that did remind me to look at other pages but I will get used to it.

Margobird

• I don't quite know which button to press to say something.  I have just pressed Maergobirds  Reply button. is that right?    HELP>    :(((  

Everything in life is speaking in spite of its apparent silence.

• And now i HAVE REPLY, EDIT AND DELETE BUTTONS.  wHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN.    tYPINGS BAD TODAY.  sORE HANDS

• Tish said:

I don't quite know which button to press to say something.  I have just pressed Maergobirds  Reply button. is that right?    HELP>    :(((  

Yes, it's right, Tish

• Tish said:

And now i HAVE REPLY, EDIT AND DELETE BUTTONS.  wHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN.    tYPINGS BAD TODAY.  sORE HANDS

Tish, as I wrote previously, just click reply when you want to answer to a message. If you want to quote the message in your reply, as I am doing now with yours, click reply then click where it states, in blue, "click to include in your reply". You can use the delete button if you don't like what you have written and want to cancel it, click edit if you want to modify what you have written. Hope it helps!

• Thank You Patrizia. Very knd of you.  Are you Spanish??   If so is you're z-th or  see:)))

• Tish with reference to my new avatar. Petrie is a sept (sub branch) of the Mcgregor clan hence the badge. Who knows I could be a direct descendent of Rob Roy.

• Has anyone else tried to watch Pete's pond today?  Deprived of live ospreys I checked in but am pretty sure it was the same clip of zebras I saw yesterday.  Is the webcam down and they're running recordings instead?