Weekly Chat, Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evening all: Just off to check recent posts.

• Beautiful picture WendyB. I remember your winter one!

This weekend has been busy with dog agility - the final heat of our Winter League yesterday and a demonstration at a 'Wet Nose Day' at the beautiful National Trust property, Mount Stewart near Newtownards.  Very interesting house, the holiday home of the Marquesses of Londonderry, with superb gardens.  We performed on the Croquet Lawn!  Church this morning when our minister baptised the second child of his eldest son - most of the family came from England (or South Africa!) for the event.  Baby girl was wonderful - didn't flinch when the cold water was applied and slept peacefully in Daddy's arms through the rest of the service (Grandpa would say she was just joining the rest of his congregation!)  Not true - he's a wonderful preacher.

• Just popped in to say Hello. I feel fine today, thank you. Just left with a few coughing bouts every now and then, and a lot more energy.

Linda, I am sure your son's girlfriend did very well in the marathon. I used to go and watch our son & wife, and daughter in the marathon. Three years ago they decided not to do it anymore, only to replace it with the London Triathlon!!  OH and myself have to be stationed at  various prearranged stages with their own drinks. We usually feel that we have taken part by the time they have finished.

Lynette, Enjoy tomorrow, at your reunion with your old friends.

Alan, Can;t believe you have spent all of your lottery win already. You did better than me and I even bought a Euro ticket as well.

Margo, You are going to confuse me now. I have got so used to referring to Billy as he. Think a visit to the vet may be necessary when she completely trusts you.

Diane, I am waiting now to see if Rothes moves. I have never heard about the 'Wind Moon' before.

Wendy,  Thanks for your beautiful Spring photograph. It has been fantastic here today as well.

• Trish2 - so glad to see someone else getting withdrawal symptoms due to lack of Miss Toffee photos!

EJ's next egg?  about 07.00hrs on Tuesday morning!!

• Evening all: Had breakfast with daughter this morning and said hallo to Miss Molly, then came home and retreated to garden with Eiffel's Tower, the story of the building of the Eiffel Tower and the 1889 Paris World's Fair. Very interesting. Right now watching Nature; which is about caring for wildlife that survived (some of it barely) 2009 Bush fires in Victoria, Australia. Currently they're showing a wombat - so big! - and injured koalas apparently suffering from PTSD (though they didn't call it that) at a place called Stella's.

Tiger: Nice little quiz!

Lynette: Car troubles all over today: After breakfast with daughter, came out to the parking lot to find two ladies with a leaking radiator. No garages in town open on Sunday and their AAA (U.S. equivalent of the RAC) membership was minimal re towing. One was fretting about how to get back to Santa Barbara; turned out she lived just a mile from me, so I had the pleasure of giving them a ride home.

Alan: Hope your winnings were enough to get you to the gas station at least. :-)

Margobird: Aha! So will Billy become Billie Whizz or will you give her a new name?

Lindybird: Hope son's girlfriend isn't "still running" as my mother used to say when she bet a few bob on a horse that wasn't among the winners. :-) I do admire folks who do marathons, though it doesn't appeal to me at all!

Trish2: I love goat cheese and find it very mild. Our local take-out place has a Warm Goat Cheese Salad, with salad greens, red onions and tomatoes. Yum! Do like the sound of the combo you had.

Diane: Happy Full Moon to you too. You're late doing your taxes! :-)

Wendy: Love photo. Do say Hi to OG for us.

Lost internet access for a while; now the new Upstairs Downstairs is on. Think I've got a mild ear infection or something that's been coming and going for some weeks - a total bore. Anyway, going to have a quick look at the cams (maybe I'll even manage to raise LOTL!) then to bed early. Take care all.

• Good moringing everyone, Annette - get that ear looked at  soon. Living with something like that for weeks gets one down !!

Just doing the current day on Chat so, where are you all??

• Well, I did turn a page :)   Lovely pic of the Spey Wendy.

I did the quizz Tiger   :)   I must have got them all right cos the picture came up right first time. It gave me a smile.

• Morning, Everyone:    dull here today but still dry - never thought I would say it, but the garden really could do with a downpour!

Here are your Monday Smiles:  more cute children etc.

--Have a Good Monday!

• Thanks Lindy :) I reallly don't know where you find all the Smiles from. But keep them coming and very well done.

Have to say on this one: He's an awfully big bloke or the bed is awfully small   - I'd have to go for a Queen size bed here .

• Unknown said:

Diane: Happy Full Moon to you too. You're late doing your taxes! :-)

Hey, Annette. The deadline for filing taxes is April 18 this year, not the traditional April 15. The deadline changed due to a holiday in the District of Columbia. I just completed them and filed electronically, so I got them to the gov'ment in plenty of time. Sheesh, what a nightmare task, though! Feel like I've fought a battle. I think the process is designed to break you physically, mentally, and emotionally!!! But they couldn't break me, and now I'm gonna eat chocolate!!!

Hope your ear gets better!

• Diane:  Enjoy the chocolate!  And Well Done for getting it done - a horrible task!

Thought the moon looked big last night - and my extra fangs came out, too!     ;-)