Weekly Chat, Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evening all: Just off to check recent posts.

• Annette wrote -Had lovely breakfast with four friends this morning; then went to the gym. Grocery shopping tomorrow; must get out there early before the rush! Have a lovely Sunday all.

Glad the breakfast was a great success.  Yes, keeping fingers crossed that all goes well with brother and the house.

First chance today, as church this morning then found dau car had a flat tyre.  Kind people at church changed the tyre for her and found out whether there was a place open nearbye to see to it.  Fortunately there was, so we hotfooted it down to QuickFit - 1 and 1/2 hours wait so rang OH to collect us. Awaiting a phone call now to say they have either mended a puncture or will have to replace the whole tyre, then OH will run dau. down to pick up car.  Its all happening.

Lovely day here,, quite warm with sunny intervals and a bit cloudy.

Off to Nottingham tomorrow to meet up with some old friends of OH - they were at our wedding all those years back.

Odin is at present egg sitting and still only two eggs. Looking round him all the time as if on alert. There was some calling earlier as though an intruder was about but all is calm now.

• Just read about marathon winners - thats good news. Also Lindybird's eldest's girlfriend running in the marathon - good luck to her and for raising such a fantastic sum for Cancer Research.

Glad to hear Lewis Hamilton won the  Chinese Grand Prix. And........although I don't like football, Motherwell has reached the Scottish Cup Final.  My Uncle and Aunt used to live in Motherwell and I remember visiting them many years ago,.

• Good afternoon all have been out working in the garden since 10.00 with just a short break for some lunch but OH has sent me in now.  He worries if I am out in the sun too much and I agree as I am hoping this will be the first year in about 5 years that I will not need any skin cancers cut out. 

Throughout Billy has been with us and we now think Billy is a girl.  OH has got a lovely des res for her when she decides to come in, scratching post, collar with name tag and a treat.  At the moment she is lying in a huge flower tub basking in the sun.

Lindybird what a brave girl hope she finished OK and it will have been quite hard with it being so hot.

Alan  well done on the Lottery win, Dundee winning and there has to be a 3rd thing as they say things come in threes.  Have you got Premium Bonds.

Sorry can't mention you all but thanks for all the chat.  Just needed to get on to the new weekly thread.  Now have to go and prepare veg for dinner tonight.

Margobird

• Alan enjoy the bbq. Filling up the old tank is really expensive these days.  Perhaps you should have put on your money on Odin's Raven instead!

Tomorrow is a day of meetings!  Have a super time in Nottingham Lynette.  I think that WendyB and OG are meeting tomorrow and I wish you a super day!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Margo Billy's going to be a very comfy cat when he/she moves in properly I reckon.  If you're outside a lot chances are she'll get so used to being with you and following you round it will just happen.  If she is a she I hope she has belonged somewhere at some time or you may have the patter of tiny paws...

• Gary  I know Ospreyitis has taken over but I'm suffering from TT withdrawal.  Can we have an update please?

Had a nice meal the other night.  I tried Goat's cheese (mild) for the 1st time and really  enjoyed it.  I'd been put off it before as it was on the menu at a wedding we went to and the smell was so strong it really put me off.  Anyhow this was nice on roasted peppers, caramelison onions with balsamic.  For main it was Salmon on a little tagliatelli with a sauce (can't remember what) with potato, broccoli and carrots.  I thought about a pud but decided that I'd end up feeling too full so restrained myself.  I can never get to sleep for ages after a night out anyway so didn't want to feel like a barrel!

• Lynette how did your son's girlfriend do in the marathon.  I looks/sounds as though the heat might have been a problem.  Whatever happened I bet you and your son are as proud as punch!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Happy Full Moon to all!

This is the Wind Moon (among other names). Also, this Full Moon is in Libra, and it's the Troth-Plight Moon. It's a time for making a pledge (plight) of love and fidelity (troth) to a partner. This is also a day for making a solemn vow or oath to oneself to make a life change (for example, to achieve a new goal or to break a negative or unproductive habit). Anybody have any bad habits to break? I have many, including spending too much time on the Internet! LOLOL

This is also the day that I predicted on Tiger's thread that Rothes would leave her home in Africa on her first return migration. We'll see.

Sorry, no replies right now. I have a long To-Do List today, including tax preparation. :-(((((( Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!

• Next EJ egg will arrive about 3:30 AM (very early Monday morning). :-)

• Super sunny day on Speyside and this is a picture I took on my walk this p.m. Last time you saw it was 5 months ago and the Ballindalloch bridge was framed by snow.