• hazelwoods tears in my eyes, she is so special and yes she has protected that nest until she has left for migration. She looks fantastic and I cannot wait until she returns next yr. Poor Frank was coming back to the nest on and off all day, he misses his girl. True to form she has left on time.

• so sorry on my soap box now. As soon as Lady returned Lowes were saying is she fertile. They put doubts in peoples minds the the papers and the news..

To be honest I am disgusted how they have behaved this yr absolutely no enthuisam and care. If they do care, I have seen no evidence of it. No matter what the most important thing is we never knew how Lady and Frank would re-act to no chicks but Lady looks so well and as left on time.

• and just think some people on the blog wanted LADY taken from the nest when she was ill and put down

• We may have been too hasty in saying 'farewell' to Lady for this year: there is an osprey on the nest just now. Not a great angle for ID, but it looks (and sounds!) like Lady to me.

• God Speed!!!!

@Sunshine don't even go there !! Never go back, just keeping going forward..:)

The clock is ticking!!! Thank you Tiger and everyone,(too many to list!!) at least we have  had this forum, to relate the comings and goings.Am also grateful that LOTL has kept the web cam running.

Kate

• That's Lady for sure! Maybe she feels she's fit enough not to need quite so many stops on her migration this year and is enjoying our little bit of good weather!

• Wildlife village blog confirms that both Lady and Laird have been seen this morning, so she hasn't gone yet.

• One lesson for me last year - I was convinced that my female had departed & contented myself watching the last days of male & single chick near nest. However a week later I find all 3 of them at nest before female finally left 4 days later. I have heard that this is common behaviour for female to be absent for days before final departure.

Ospreys & all wildlife never cease to amaze me - just when you think you know a fair amount - they surprise you with another snippet of their world.

One Life - Live It!!

•  Posted by Brenda H on 5 Aug 2011 4:12 PM  

Re: Loch of the Lowes - 2011

Sandra, I have so missed your pics and reports. You were superb last year. I don't think anything will change next year.

I certainly hope not, but if Lady, doesn't return next year, they could find that their site followers and visitor numbers will drop. They have done nothing to endear themselves to their 'public' and the blogs have been awful. I am still waiting to see the photographs we were promised too.

Thank you so much Brenda for your kind words. I loved Lady and her family so much and really enjoyed taking all those captures of them.

I have only just now caught up on the thread and I read that our Beautiful Lady of the Loch may have left!! :-(

If nothing goes right, go left! :-)

• Valmc said:

One lesson for me last year - I was convinced that my female had departed & contented myself watching the last days of male & single chick near nest. However a week later I find all 3 of them at nest before female finally left 4 days later. I have heard that this is common behaviour for female to be absent for days before final departure.

Ospreys & all wildlife never cease to amaze me - just when you think you know a fair amount - they surprise you with another snippet of their world.

That is true as with EJ in 2004. There is a case with a Roy Dennis tracked male (Nimrod I think) that he started migrating and then turned back. It seemed as if he went back to check that the chicks had really left.