Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 October 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The full moon is Thursday, 17 October, in US and UK. It's a really close Supermoon.

The Covered Bridge Festival began yesterday in my area. Two million people from Indiana and across the country will visit at least one of the festival small towns to buy arts and crafts, enjoy country foods, take bus tours, and see the covered bridges. This weekend, we have weirdly warm weather and glorious sunshine, so our highways have bumper to bumper, slow-crawling traffic and there are crowds everywhere.

i intend to remain holed up at home until the festival is over on the 20th. I went to the doctor last week, and I took the opportunity to stock up on groceries. Yesterday. I walked to the convenience store on the highway and bought drinking water, so I'm all set to stay on my patch for the duration. I gave the groundhog a carrot today. 

The festival is a badly needed boost for our rural economy, but I'll be glad when it's over.

Hugs and love to everyone!

•  Closed my waffle to you last eve as a thunderstorm was overhead. Not too bad here – power outages were elsewhere. Airport had 5 mm of rain overnight. I haven’t told of my lunch out on Monday. Friend & I nattered and put the world to rights for 3 hours! I normally would have a small lunch, but, hey, no one to cook for at teatime, so I chose chicken schnitzel. A ginorous piece of chicken in a lovely crisp coating. A mostly leafy salad with a divine tangy dressing. Enough chips to feed me for a week. I managed to finish the chicken & salad and had to leave most of the chips.

ANNETTE – Did your niece have a better return flight? HM is visiting Aussieland in coming days. I imagine his accommodation on the long flight is super de luxe.

• AQ:  Yes, she had a whole row to herself from Adelaide to Doha so got a lot of sleep and the Doha-London flight was good too.  A three-hour lunch with friends?  I hope you made arrangements to do it again soon.

Choir performance was amazing.  The main attraction was the High School  choir and Ms. D's Junior High choir were guest performers; they were very good.  However, the High School choir was inevitably more polished, practiced and versatile.  Three of their soloists were truly outstanding with their poise, vocal range. etc.   THey sang traditional a capella works, jazz, music from movies, etc and they all  thoroughly enjoyed themselves which made it such a fun event for everyone. 

• Annette - I saw a guy on tv using a postit note - sticky side down to run along the gaps inbetween the keys and lots of stuff came out then a good shake upside down and a gentle tap got lots more out.

• Thanks, everybody for your news. I don't have any ( not that I can remember, anyway !)  

This new Kindle tablet keeps freezing today - what have I done wrong, I wonder ?

RUSTY I'm amazed that you can spell the name of the Pont ???? aqueduct ! Maybe it's because you live near to it...I looked up the Calon Lan on YouTube and it was playing in my head for the rest of that day !  Today it's Myfanwy - my Welsh friend's favourite. Her late husband used to sing it .

LYNETTE - we have a second hand bookshop here that used to be a church. ( am I right, DIBNLIB ? Leakeys?)

AQ - I would have had to leave the chips, like you.

ROSY - your OH sounds far from well - six weeks is a long time to wait for another appointment. I can't remember what caused his fall but I still feel dizzy at times and am very scared of falling again. 

Covid and flu jabs a week today - I can't wait :-(

• Yes HEATHER  Leakeys was a church.  Haven't been in there for years as it is off our route.

• Rusty:  I also Googled Calon Lan; got a video with massed choirs and the Welsh Symphony Orchestra.  Lovely.

Harelady:  Tx! Will definitely try that with Post-Its (whoever came up with them must've made a fortune.)

Heather:  Assume your docs have considered inner-ear crystals?  My OH is scheduled for PT for Positional Vertigo.

After four days (poor us!) of gloomy weather, sun is out.  Hurray.

• Annette not sure whether it will play anymore but it would be lovely if they could resurect it and had musical evenings.   At least the main part of the chapel has been given over to community use instead of going as a storage facility of some sort or other.    I was married in it and mum's funeral was one of the last ones in it before it closed in 2011.  All praise and thanks to the developer for doing a very sympathetic restoration.  What a great outcome for Billy the goat and at least one will be able to see him when visiting the ranch.

AQ - hope to visit the chapel when next up which won't be until Christmas(visit brother and partner) but will have to find out if they are open and then have a coffee and cake on the Sat morning before we make our way home.

• HEATHER: Turn your Kindle off and unplug it. Wait a few minutes, plug it back in, and turn it back on. Watch for any error messages.  That's the answer for every problem in the world! I wish we could turn off the United States of America and turn it on again. :-(

I'll be back later for more replies. I need to run to the convenience store to buy drinking water before the bridge festival hordes come through here.

Hi, all.

• Somebody is doing that for you Diane. Be courageous , hold the line........... we don't have long to go now

WWG1WG A