Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 September 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Not much to report here. Temps could fall to freezing tonight, but it's supposed to get hot again next week.

I've decided that my mood will improve if I simplify and organize my life. So I've ordered 4 large plastic file boxes and 8 super large plastic storage boxes. I'm going to devote the week to sorting all of my personal documents and belongings. 

I also ordered a new tough polar winter coat, new waterproof, heavy tred hiking boots, gloves, and polar house slippers. The weather service is predicting that this will be a polar vortex winter here with extreme cold and heavy snow. I also ordered 2 large boxes of batteries and other emergency supplies. 

I bought a nifty little unit that has a built in radio, a flashlight, a reading lamp, an emergency beacon, and a phone charger. It runs on internal rechargeable batteries or regular AA batteries. It also has a solar panel and a crank for charging in an emergency.

I bought everything at sharply cut, clearance prices because none of the stores have the new winter inventory in yet. I felt better getting organized and prepared and beating the higher prices that will come as the season changes. The delivery man will hate me!!!

Everybody have a good week. Love and hugs to everyone.

• AQ:   Does you OH seem aware of how 'boring' his activities are?  Life gets so cruel.

Harelady:  No fires near us, but grandson (he works for CalFire) is up north near Fresno and says he's likely to get sent to the one in San Bernardino next.  Any other way to get to Nanny duty other than driving?  Listening to my niece talk about getting from A to B in the UK without a car, it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

I can smell the ocean this morning and the high temps are supposed to be gone by tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

• Glad to hear no fires near you Annette. Yes I could travel by bus and 2-3 trains to both kids but the cost is 3 times the cost of petrol to drive there!

The government wants us to drive less but do nothing about the cost of public transport.