Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I think the wildlife are preparing for an early autumn here. We had some chilly nights this past week. The hummingbirds left for their winter homes. The Black Vultures are gone. Plus, this week, I saw a huge V of Canadian Geese headed south already. 

I hope everyone has a good week.

Love and hugs to all!

• HEATHER:  I haven't laughed much lately, but that town name origin made me giggle and snort coffee through my nose. Thank you. 

I love Australia, AQ.

• I'm glad I made so many smiles. BTW I had to hunt for that meaning; most lookups declare the mulga blossom version.

Now, regarding some of the English village names. . . <grin>

• Started off my day by Googling funny English village names, AQ. , and had a good laugh !

• HEATHER & others - This site has some strange South Aussie names; some new to me!!!

• Interesting AQ - thanks for the link !

Youngest daughter is coming to Inverness today, on the train as her husband is working in Montrose this week.

• Heather - I hope you enjoyed your daughter’s visit.

I have been out with the Flora and Fauna group to Ness Gardens today. We had a lovely walk round and a picnic. Still lots of things to look at and some beautiful scents too. Also, signs of autumn on the foliage. We had almost finished the walk when the rain came so we repaired to the cafe. I had a very good hot chocolate.

• Am in the midst of sorting out OH's desk, formerly piled high with papers.  Am making a dent and also some executive decisions.  See oral surgeon this p.m. for last week's tooth problem,, which turned out to be a gum problem that has now cleared up completely.  Still, will keep the appointment for feedback and future reference.   Planned on an early morning sit on the beach with my book today but for the first time in weeks it was cloudy - typical!  Cleared up but not enough time to allow for anything before gardener arrived.  

Heather: How far away does youngest live?  Nice for you to see her.

Enjoyed place names discussions.  There's a lot of history in most of them.....

• Daughter lives in Elgin, ANNETTE, about 35 miles away. She doesn't drive so comes here by train if her OH is away. It only takes about forty minutes - it's quicker than driving , anyway. That road is often busy with farm vehicles etc.

RUSTY - glad that you enjoyed your walk - the words ' hot chocolate ' leapt at me from the screen. I hate the taste of tea and rarely drink coffee these days but do love a mug of hot chocolate. I used to enjoy a glass of red wine but it isn't allowed because of the medications I have to take. I shouldn't grumble as I managed to get to the age of 78 without any prescribed meds. 

• Heather - you did do well re the prescribed meds but, no red wine!!!!!!! Oh dear! 
    I have been out for lunch today (naturally!!!) with a couple of friends. We went to a place which was only established in 2022 in a fairly local community centre. In fact, I went for one of my Covid jabs there back in the day. Well, this new cafe is very popular (I had never been) and the food was good (panini and a cup of tea) I walked there and back - 2.4 miles. Had a really good chat with my friends. 

• HEATHER  as Rusty said that is amazing to get to 78 without  prescribed meds.  I think most people are on a few by that age.  We took a drive out yesterday to Cawdor but we went via a farm I had never heard of before.  They have 56 Clydesdale Horses which they take to the local shows.......quite beautiful.  They show these majestic animals pulling carriages.......what a wonderful sight.  I think they are now an endangered species.....how dreadful it would be to lose them