Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL, BLUE, SUPERMOON!

The moon turns full in:

LONDON, UK on 19 August at 7:25 p.m.

ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA on 20 August at 3:55 a.m.

CALIFORNIA on 19 August at 11:25 a.m.

This moon is a rare event, because it's the first of 4 Supermoons (close to Earth) and it's a Blue moon (the 3rd of 4 full moons in a single season). 

I hope it ushers in a good season for everyone. Love and hugs to all!

www.space.com/supermoon-blue-moon-august-2024-what-to-expect

• It wasn’t a good idea to say I would return this week – very busy preparing material for the church magazine!  We did get our Wednesday trip out today – all three of us with satisfactory shopping and a good lunch.  There has been drizzle and wind, but rain not as heavy here as elsewhere nearby.  The river Esk was overflowing at high tide on our way home this afternoon – the one which comes down from Langholm and crosses the motorway at metal bridge, for those who travel through these parts.

LYNETTE – glad you had a varied and enjoyable holiday.  Interesting photos.

Hope I haven’t missed anything I should have commented on, sympathised with, congratulated etc.

• Had hope to go to Cromarty for a walk and lunch followed by another walk at Rosemarie but there is quite a wind so not best for a walk at the beach. 

• OG - the church magazine seems to come round very quickly. Is it monthly? I think the one my sister does for her church is quarterly. Glad you had a satisfactory shopping trip and lunch. Re the local flooding. I have seen pictures of flooding in the Lake District today. This is summer!!!! 
    Dibnlib - I hope you got out for your walk.

I have been grocery shopping. I met several people to chat to at the supermarket and one said “shall we have a coffee?” So that’s what we did!!!! Other than that I continue with my week of trying to get things done around the house and garden! 

• Shame you couldn't get your walk, dibnlib.  I have played the golf course at Rosemarkie - and watched dolphins from one of the holes!  And I really wanted to live in that little cottage by one of the tees ...