Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL, BLUE, SUPERMOON!

The moon turns full in:

LONDON, UK on 19 August at 7:25 p.m.

ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA on 20 August at 3:55 a.m.

CALIFORNIA on 19 August at 11:25 a.m.

This moon is a rare event, because it's the first of 4 Supermoons (close to Earth) and it's a Blue moon (the 3rd of 4 full moons in a single season). 

I hope it ushers in a good season for everyone. Love and hugs to all!

www.space.com/supermoon-blue-moon-august-2024-what-to-expect

• From here the moon looked a sort of orangey colour and extremely round.  It was very early and soon sank below the trees.  But at least I saw i!

Someone gave me some sweet peas yesterday. The scent was WONDERFUL!  Now my whole lounge smells great.  And so many different colours - really beautiful.  I saved seed from mine last year but planted them really late.  They are growing very tall, but no flower buds yet.  Wonder if they will flower?

• PatO:  Orangey color and extremely round?  For a brief moment I thought you were talking about Donald Trump!

Sweat peas are wonderfully fragrant; you don't see them here, but am attaching a photo of our night-blooming Cereus (blooms for just one night a year),   Such a magnificent flower from such a plain-looking plant.

• Thank You DIANE for giving us a new week. I hope your life is more settled and you have time to ponder the wildlife around you. I doubt we shall see a moon this week, cloudy, rain, and other winter stuff.

I was upset on Saturday – paper not delivered. How can I eat breakfast without it? I tried to report it online but since my last contact, I was required to enter a PIN number. I’m sure we don’t have one. Finally I found a phone no and after much pressing of buttons in response to the “machine” asking questions, a Voice told me they appreciate my call but they distribute 9 million papers (over how long?). I was left with no answer whether or no a replacement or I would be charged or what. After lunch, I decided to finish weeding the garden alongside the drive and what did I spy in the Middle of Neighbour’s Lawn? A paper. Neighbours don’t have a paper delivery. Must be mine, well it is now.

On Sunday I visited OH, then went on to visit Dau. I have not seen the Trio since May and, goodness me, who are these tall people? MissL proudly proclaimed she had grown 2 cm. Miss12 demonstrated her high kicking – she recently gained black tips on her karate belt. Sadly MissJ asked me to play a game as I was preparing to leave – next time lovey.

Yesterday I turned some mince into pasties and meatballs – and have packed the spares in the freezer. Today I moved the vacuum cleaner (not very far), pulled a few weeds (not very many) and I don’t know where the rest of the day has gone.

I have been watching Tour de France Femmes and La Vuelta. Alas I fall asleep after 10 mins and only wake when the winner is announced (about 1 am). So much for observing the scenery; the so-called replay next day compresses the 4-5 hours into 1 hour and omits scenery.

• No moon for us......it was a cloud covered evening.  AQ love your newspaper story glad you got one in the end.

• Annette - what a wonderful flower. Sadly, my sweet peas seem to be coming to an end already. I can tell because the stems get shorter as the season goes on. 
    AQ - why is it these days that we can’t get to talk to “a person” when we phone up about something? Glad your paper turned up. You know where to look now if it goes missing again. Re phone calls - don’t get me started on my meds review! No longer do I get to see the doctor in person. No longer do I get a phone call from the doctor. No longer do I get a phone call from the practise pharmacist. Oh no. I have to fill in an e consult!!! I Could put anything on that! How can they tell I am really OK? Face to face they can see how you are can’t they? I had an immediate response by email to say it had been triaged and finally yesterday I had a 2 line email from a doctor I hadn’t heard of to say they were glad I was well and they had re authorised my prescription!!! Honestly!!! 
    Anyway, Diane - at 2.30 this morning I was up and went outside to see the moon. It was still hazy and my camera isn’t really equipped for night photos but here is my effort! 

• why is it these days that we can’t get to talk to “a person” when we phone up about something?

AS you say Rusty dont get me started. CHOL:)My saga....

Need to speak to Doc re worsening Osteoarthritis.

1 Fill E Consult

2 I get , e. mail a Physio will telephone you ( no date)

3. Rings when I on Bus, so ask to ring later in day when Home.Response "I usually only call up untill midday."

4. Message on phone. " re do E consult as not available to take call" Doh!

5.Immediately followed by another message,Physio WILL try later in day if she can !!!!

6.So, we do talk later, " You need to come into surgery" Grr!! ( which is what I wanted originally.BUTTTT

7.You will get a letter with a phone number to ring within 24 hrs to make appointment...

8. I do as told Ha!! make appointment....THEN

9 I get phone call" Your Doctor would like to talk with you on phone..WHAT!!!!!..so another  appt made

10. I get another phone call from first Physio, querying I made appoint, when I replied i did, and had a call about my Doctor ringing!!!response, "oh yes that will be about your Osteoarthritis."

AND they are so all over worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what about the poor patient CHOL:):)

• Oh gosh Sunny Kate. That sounds all too familiar. Not just with me but with many of my friends. No wonder we all get so frustrated. It can’t be cost effective can it and I am convinced people are going undiagnosed. 

• Most people don't even bother, unless there's something quite seriously and obviously wrong.  I have a couple of things I would have normally taken to the GP.  But not these days.  If they get worse, I will.  But it's such a hassle - as Sunny Kate and others have said, to get anywhere near a real person, let alone a doctor.  Sadly those of us in the 'older age group' are probably just coping, which means things are probably getting worse and will take longer to deal with when we do have to persevere to get an appointment.  It's a really sad state of affairs, and seems to have happened comparatively fast.