Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL, BLUE, SUPERMOON!

The moon turns full in:

LONDON, UK on 19 August at 7:25 p.m.

ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA on 20 August at 3:55 a.m.

CALIFORNIA on 19 August at 11:25 a.m.

This moon is a rare event, because it's the first of 4 Supermoons (close to Earth) and it's a Blue moon (the 3rd of 4 full moons in a single season). 

I hope it ushers in a good season for everyone. Love and hugs to all!

www.space.com/supermoon-blue-moon-august-2024-what-to-expect

• From here the moon looked a sort of orangey colour and extremely round.  It was very early and soon sank below the trees.  But at least I saw i!

Someone gave me some sweet peas yesterday. The scent was WONDERFUL!  Now my whole lounge smells great.  And so many different colours - really beautiful.  I saved seed from mine last year but planted them really late.  They are growing very tall, but no flower buds yet.  Wonder if they will flower?

• PatO:  Orangey color and extremely round?  For a brief moment I thought you were talking about Donald Trump!

Sweat peas are wonderfully fragrant; you don't see them here, but am attaching a photo of our night-blooming Cereus (blooms for just one night a year),   Such a magnificent flower from such a plain-looking plant.

• Thank You DIANE for giving us a new week. I hope your life is more settled and you have time to ponder the wildlife around you. I doubt we shall see a moon this week, cloudy, rain, and other winter stuff.

I was upset on Saturday – paper not delivered. How can I eat breakfast without it? I tried to report it online but since my last contact, I was required to enter a PIN number. I’m sure we don’t have one. Finally I found a phone no and after much pressing of buttons in response to the “machine” asking questions, a Voice told me they appreciate my call but they distribute 9 million papers (over how long?). I was left with no answer whether or no a replacement or I would be charged or what. After lunch, I decided to finish weeding the garden alongside the drive and what did I spy in the Middle of Neighbour’s Lawn? A paper. Neighbours don’t have a paper delivery. Must be mine, well it is now.

On Sunday I visited OH, then went on to visit Dau. I have not seen the Trio since May and, goodness me, who are these tall people? MissL proudly proclaimed she had grown 2 cm. Miss12 demonstrated her high kicking – she recently gained black tips on her karate belt. Sadly MissJ asked me to play a game as I was preparing to leave – next time lovey.

Yesterday I turned some mince into pasties and meatballs – and have packed the spares in the freezer. Today I moved the vacuum cleaner (not very far), pulled a few weeds (not very many) and I don’t know where the rest of the day has gone.

I have been watching Tour de France Femmes and La Vuelta. Alas I fall asleep after 10 mins and only wake when the winner is announced (about 1 am). So much for observing the scenery; the so-called replay next day compresses the 4-5 hours into 1 hour and omits scenery.

• No moon for us......it was a cloud covered evening.  AQ love your newspaper story glad you got one in the end.