Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The weird summer of storms and torrential rain has produced a large population of super-powered mosquitoes here. They bite fiercely and produce huge welts plus extreme itching and aching at the site. I've never seen them like this. I have a 2-inch welt on on my forehead right now. Not very attractive!

I apologize for not making replies lately. I had to deal with some critical stuff and haven't been able to concentrate on all the folks here. I have now read your posts.

Everybody have the best week possible. Love and hugs to all.

• Lindy - I love the photos. I hope you are both less tired and more relaxed now. I played golf at Nefyn once on a ladies away day. What a beautiful spot for a golf course. 
    AQ - can you have a proper lunch at your OH’s facility? Maybe when moves to his permanent accommodation you will be able to. When I visited Dad in his care home they always offered me a cooked lunch and I never had to pay. I loved the sponge pudding and custard! They were aware that it took me 3 hours to get there by train and 3 hours back. 
    Heather and Annette - canal cruising at 4mph is indeed very relaxing. Mind you, on the holidays I did back in the day, I do remember it being tiring too when you had to do a lot of locks in a day. The trip we did last Saturday didn’t involve any locks! 
    Annette - the French lesson isn’t until September. I thought it would still be relevant because of the Paralympics.

I went out for lunch again yesterday!! Oh yes!!! To a very nice cafe at the pet cemetery!!!!! We had a walk round and looked at the headstones afterwards. People must have spent a fortune on them. 
    Today I have been out with the Flora and Fauna group. We have been to Rhydymwyn Valley nature reserve. It is on the site of a wartime chemical weapons factory. The history is fascinating and if you look at Wikipedia M.S.Factory Valley you can read all about it. We saw butterflies, fungus, lizards and lots of lovely wildflowers. Lunch out again !!! Picnic this time!!! 

• Rusty, you do seem to get to some interesting places. I enjoy reading about them.

Dull this morning & rain was forecast  so we went to our favourite Garden Centre place here & had coffees and a browse around. Came out with a new collar for the dog, 2 birthday cards & a bag of bird food!

Then it rained as we got our salad lunch. Fell asleep reading. Now  have to pack for going home tomorrow. I would have loved to have stayed but not possible- one reason being we are going to a birthday party on Saturday - & of course my OH will be playing golf on Thursday.

AQ - If you missed the Closing Ceremony you missed nothing - uninspiring and tediously long.