Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 July 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I just walked through the door, back from dog-sitting for friends in Indianapolis. Except for cuddling the dogs, it was an awful time in every possible way. I don't think I'm going to do it again. Probably won't be asked. My friend and I had a bad argument on the way home. I will do you all a favor and not detail my 5 days for you. 

No wildlife stories from me this week, except that there were also raccoons in the attic there.

I will now read and catch up with all your news. Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all.

• Just scrolled through the pics, ANNETTE. Amazing. Thank you for giving us the link !

• Annette - Thank you for the link.  I really enjoyed that unusual osprey story.  That was some serious fish!!

I like your grand-daughter's idea of buying one ticket to get parking.  I hate paying for parking and will always try to find a way around it.

• I had a day in Leeds yesterday (as you do) and see there are lots of posts to reply to. I have chores to do now but will get round to replying. 

• Hi all, what with one thing and another not had chance to come on this week.   However, things are moving re possible op, have now been put on the consultants list, had to take MRSA swabs whilst at the hospital and one came back positive so have to do 5 days medication, 2 days free, then go back for a reswab.    Had to fill in a pre-assessement op form yesterday, quite lengthy so will wait to see whether I can get away with it or have to go in again face to face, hope not as it will be akward as dau is busy next week and the week after we get back from holiday.  Oh well, will just have to wait and see and abide by their instructions.

Dau has just finished an exhausting week at the Church Holiday Club but thoroughly enjoyed it. She was heading up the craft team . We now have the final service of the week tomorrow and it is always a lively, enjoyable service.

Hope you are all keeping reasonable well, have a good weekend.   Weather a bit dull here and still a little muggy but we can't have it all ways.

• Been watching the Olympics.   Today our girls' 8 have won bronze and our mens' 8 Gold.   Well done to them.

Just bee skimming through the week and what stands out is AQ and her OH having to go into a NH.   AQ do hope things resolve for you and that there is a garden for him to sit out in.  What an adjustment for you but I'm sure you will come through it.   Thinking of you.

Have a good weekend all and hopefully all feeling well and enjoying the sunshine.

• Annette - that Spanish celebration sounds wonderful, seeing them in all their glory, both horses and riders.   Enjoy with the family.

• Thanks Annette  how very lovely.

• Right. Some chores are done but it is time to sit and have some me time. 
    Lindy - I loved your Mma Ramotswe quote. I have read those books. They are good in every sense. I wonder if you did manage to throw out any of your cookbooks? 
    Dibnlib - so pleased you saw an otter. I have seen them on Mull and then once in a river near Bangor. It is always a treat. Nice t9 know the6 are there isn’t it? 
    OG - glad that you got your boiler serviced. I hope your legs have been less painful today. 
    Annette - it sounds as if you enjoyed the parade and learned a lesson re seat booking for next time. 
    Lynnette - why do problems get thrown up just as you think you are making progress? I do hope the op happens soon and that the tests come back satisfactorily. 
    So my trip to Leeds yesterday was to meet up with ladies I was at school with 60 years ago!!!!!!!!  We have kept in touch all those years and meet up about 4 times a year. They met up in Liverpool in June which would have been great for me but it coincided with when I was on holiday. We meet in Leeds because we are all from that area originally and the majority still live around there. Mind you, 2 came from London, one from Liverpool and me from North Wales. The trains were all on time remarkably so the journey was stress free. We met up at a restaurant within walking distance of the station and chatted away whilst we ate. So many memories but also current news too. Super atmosphere. I got the 3.45 train back to Chester and drove from there. I was home by 6.45 so, considering I had to dodge the weekend traffic coming into North Wales, I don’t think I did badly.