Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 July 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I just walked through the door, back from dog-sitting for friends in Indianapolis. Except for cuddling the dogs, it was an awful time in every possible way. I don't think I'm going to do it again. Probably won't be asked. My friend and I had a bad argument on the way home. I will do you all a favor and not detail my 5 days for you. 

No wildlife stories from me this week, except that there were also raccoons in the attic there.

I will now read and catch up with all your news. Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all.

• Hey Diane:  Thanks for starting us off.  Sorry about the argument with your friend.  Didn't you have a similar experience some years back?  Wonder what she'll do next time she needs a dogsitter....

Watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics:  Very French and - to me at least  -  some lovely/fascinating/clever components (also a couple that I didn't like) but overall it seemed somewhat disjointed. even though the at-home audience had the benefit of multiple cameras that made for comparatively seamless transitions. But I can only wonder how the on-the-ground spectators followed it all.....  and then of course the wretched weather.

OG:  I love it when an off-chance decision pays off.  Golden Chippings?  They sound pretty.  

AQ:  I hope you're busy with all kinds of positive things.

Have been spending a lot of time catching up in the garden: Spread Blood Meal around the mandarin orange tree and then added mulch after giving it a good soakinng; tomorrow it's the orange tree's turn.   Also have to do something about my keyboard which is sticking more all the time.

Anyway, take care all and have a good Sunday.