Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 July 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The full moon is Sunday morning in the UK and the US. 

Three of the raccoons are growing huge like their mother. The little one is only half the size of his siblings. I wonder if he's healthy.

I'm leaving on Tuesday to spend a few days dog-sitting for my friends in Indianapolis. This has been a bad summer for several personal reasons, and I'm looking forward to a change of scenery. My friends have all the streaming channels. I'm going to watch TV, treat myself to pizza and key lime pie, and cuddle the 5 dogs. 

Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all!

• Well done, Pat! Frustrating for you.....

We were rooting for Justin Rose but felt he might not quite manage it. I'm sure he'll receive a nice prize though for being 2nd.

A big surprise that Biden finally caved in - wonder if feeling grim from having covid made him wish he could just retire, now! Interesting to see what happens next....

• Gosh, quiet on here....

Grey skies here with threatening clouds. Its not cold but not very warm, either, for July! Too much to reply to as I'm a bit behind lately.

But OG - Yes, I remember you having a Family Conference a while back but I thought perhaps you'd had to have another in light of recent events. Its a sticky situation for you all. I hope a solution can be found.

A Quote - (not necessarily in relation to my reply to OG!)

There is a light somewhere, 

It may not be much light but

It beats the darkness.

Be on the watch.

The Gods will offer you chances,

Know them...

From The Laughing Heart bCharles Bukowski (German-American poet, 1920-1994)

• Now I've come on and I've found that I did some replies yesterday, but one of them was repeated.  So I clicked on "Edit" and asked for one of them to be deleted. It seems to have deleted two of the three posts so now I think I may have also deleted Rusty's post!  What a strange Site this is....

Not sure whats going on...

Today is sunny here but not very warm for July. There is a huge truck next door, taking away the household goods for the renting neighbours, who have told us that they wanted to leave and get somewhere else to rent.  They do also have a permanent property somewhere but this is just for his work as a professional footballer, so as to be near where he trains. They probably earn mega money and the rent for the house next door is twice most of the local houses - I looked it up on Google and its eye watering! Wonder who we will get as neighbours next?

• Yes Lindy, my post was also deleted - not there was anything of particular interest in it!  

• Hi.   Read about Joe Biden stepping down but who really is there to take over!!

Thanks Diane , once again for starting the week off.

Daughter-in-law has finally got a moving date (9th Aug) when they move out of their terraced property and into a detatched one in a nicer area of the town.  All systems go for them busy packing up a lifetime of memories so far.  We all know what that was like.

Not a lot going on although have now been given a new date to see a consultant re knee and that is this coming Friday. Apparently the original consultant I was to see is retiring so not taking new patients.  Will have to see what this one decides but hope for a replacement as pain is all the time even taking paracetamol.

Will have a quick look back at last weeks posts but otherwise that seems to be me.   Weather cloudy with some sunshine but not too cold.