Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 May 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY AURORA BOREALIS (NORTHERN LIGHTS)!

I hope everyone has or will have a chance to see the aurora. This G5 geomagnetic storm is making history as one of the three most powerful in modern times.

I have always wanted to see the aurora borealis, and it has been at the top of my bucket list for many years. Last night, the sky was overcast and rainy over my patch, although elsewhere in my area people took stunning photos of the glorious colors. Tonight, it's clear and the geomagnetic storm is even more intense. I have lingering pneumonia and raging infection, but I am determined to go outdoors around midnight and look for the lights. My land is spooky at night, because of the dark woods and the night creatures (coyotes, bobcats, bats, raccoons, barred owls...), but I WILL see the aurora!

I hope everyone has a good week!

Love and hugs to all.

• Just bumping us up.  Had nice brunch with family and a quiet rest of the day.  Back to normal business tomorrow....

Take care everyone.

• I convinced OH to have a shower at last, then girl phoned to say his dentist has covid. Today's appt changed to Thurs next week. OH now thinks whole clinic is infected <sigh>

I couldn't see aurora last night; too many street lights. Dau#1 sent me a photo she took.

• LINDY   I do hope your worrying is unfounded.  Take care

• We went to a Garden Centre for a coffee, & as we pulled into their car park  my OHs phone rang with a call to offer him an earlier appointment at the hospital than next Monday - now he's going on Friday.

• Lindybird:  Good your OH is getting in early.  You're in Wales I think; will you have to come home early?

• I am sending hugs to Lindy who is worrying and have my fingers crossed for Friday. I loved the bright flower pictures. Also, hugs to AQ who has such a difficult time too. 
    OG - it is so good to hear that you are keeping busy and getting some outings.  
    I am having a very frustrating and worrying time medically too! I got to my appointment yesterday, waited 90 minutes and then it was cancelled. (Beyond their control and they were very apologetic) Got a new appointment for Thursday when I will let you know what is going on. As you know, I have been keeping very busy to take my mind off things. Today it is the Flora and Fauna group outing which I am leading because it is about birds. That should occupy me nicely and I will be with lovely people. 

• Lindy - Thinking about you and your OH and hoping his appointment on Friday shows nothing untoward.

Rusty - So sorry your appointment was cancelled at the last moment  Frustrating, especially when you are already worrying.  Hoping that it all turns out to be nothing to be too concerned about.  Hope you enjoy your outing.

Back to cloudy and cold today.  Was that summer over the past few days?  Oh how I do hope not ...

• I sincerely hope that all goes well for you, RUSTY. 

• Pat and Heather - thank you for your good wishes. I have to ring tomorrow afternoon to check if the Thursday appointment can go ahead! The trip out with the Flora and Fauna group really relaxed me. It went well. One lady led a group looking at flowers and trees and I took a birding group. All at the wonderful Burton Mere Wetlands RSPB. We saw a huge variety of things and finished off with drinks and cakes at the cafe! Also, the weather was much better than expected. 

• Pleased your day went well, Rusty. I hope your appointment goes ahead. 

My OH has already got an appointment as the Doc requested a pile of blood tests, so he is going to our local clinic on Friday morning. Thankfully the new appointment for Friday is an afternoon one, so we will dash off to a hospital then for him to have tests. Annette, we came away saying we would stay here until Wednesday so we are still going as per plan-- it gives us time on Thursday to reboot ourselves.  If we'd had a call to dash home we would have gone. But I think its only when they have a cancellation come up, so we decided to still have our break away as its taken our minds off things a bit.

Today was dry so we had a coastal walk. Bonnie did the 2 very worst things -- first, she rolled herself over a dead fish she'd found (ugh the smell!!!). Then on the way back,  she ran into a muddy ditch and came out with a totally black lower body and legs. Grr. My OH had to take off his shoes and socks and immerse her in the sea.

When we returned to base she was washed with doggy shampoo. Twice. 

Now her white bits are very white!!