Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 May 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I haven't been outdoors this week, so I don't have any wildlife/nature stories to impart. I'll just wish you all the best possible week!

The new moon is Tuesday night in the UK/US.

Love and hugs to all!

• Here I am Annette. I have been out to a lovely lunch for a friend’s 80th birthday. 14 of us. Excellent company and lovely food. 
    i have heard about the aurora tonight but think there is too much ambient light here for me to be able to see it. The street lights stay on all night! 
    AQ - what a nuisance that your lawn mower man didn’t show up. Did he contact you to say why? Sounds like a pleasant morning with your former travel group. 
    OG - you have been busy. Out and about, gardening to supervise, helping people with ancestry searches - no wonder you feel tired. It is so good that you can do all this. 

• Hello to everyone. Thanks to all for news. Good to hear what is going on in various places!

I am spending a lot of time visiting my OH in hospital. His physio is not going well as he has very low blood pressure. As soon as he is in the vertical position, his BP goes into his boots!

Therefore rehabilitation is slow. He is on medication for this, which is now doubled.  This is not very good for the mental wellbeing.

I am concerned about Diane. Has anyone heard from her or have I missed something?

On a positive note, I planted some cosmos seeds a few days ago and they are already germinating.

• I'm here as well - eventually!  Just got home after a four and a half hour drive (according to the SatNav it should have been two hours and twenty minutes) from my family in Somerset.  Had to leave a day earlier than usual because of the second weekend closure of the M25 - I think everyone else had the same idea!  Nightmare traffic, a lot of the time a choice between crawl or stop.  Very pleased indeed to get home.  At least the sun shone all the way.

They seem to think the aurora may be visible all over Britain tonight and tomorrow.  Wonder if it will reach this far south?  We don't have a lot of light pollution here - but will I be able to stay awake long enough?  Right now I'm exhausted.

• Reports are that glorious aurorae are being seen all over the UK and are expected to be visible across much of the US tonight and even better tomorrow night. Hope you all can enjoy it!

I will post with a personal update tomorrow. 

LINDY: I'm so sorry your OH is unwell. I hope he can get an appointment soon. I also hope you can enjoy your time in Wales. Thinking of you. HUGS.

ROSY: I am so sorry to hear of your OH's poor health. Thinking of you and sending strength. HUGS to you, too.

More replies tomorrow.

• Not surprised that Rusty was out and about with friends - I'd be worried if she stayed home for more than two days.

Rosy: So sorry about your OH.  How long has he been in hospital?  I was so busy for those few months that I missed or failed to retain much of the news everyone posted.

PatO;  Ugh; hope you poured yourself a glass of wine when you got home. 

Diane: Look forward to hearing how you're doing.

Hallo to all!

• Annette - you will be very surprised to learn that I will be at home for the whole of the weekend!! LOL!!! Much gardening to do plus normal domestic chores.

Pat - that journey sounds horrendous. I read about the M25 closures. Glad you got home safely. 
    Hope Lindy and her OH got to North Wales safely. Hope they had wonderful views of the aurora from there. I looked at 1 but all I could see was the usual glow of street lights!!! Some wonderful photos on various sites. 

• Sorry! Didn't realise its been so long since I posted. My OH got a phone call yesterday to say that there is an appointment for him now a week from this Monday.  So we don't need to dash home, but on the other hand I wish they could see him sooner.

We had a good journey here - we used to share the driving but nowadays my OH does it all as I'm nervous that my eyes may deceive me. Two old crocks, we keep saying !!

It's been lovely sunshine but although we heard about the spectacle of the Aurora we didn't see anything here. Ironically there were pictures online from 2 streets away from us at home. May try again tonight but after that it's over.

AQ Sorry the  lawn man didn't show up. How annoying.

Rusty glad you enjoyed the party, it sounded fun.

OG - Nice for you to get out on Wednesday.

• Sunset here last night, on the sea. Some people saw a seal cavorting, but I missed it.

• lovely pic LINDY.  Staying awake to see the Aurora is our problem too.  Tonight we may set our alarm for 1215 and take a drive up to the battlefield, fingers crossed!