GLASLYN 2024 - May to end of season

March/April 2024 thread

All pictures and videos ©️BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife

Aran & Elen

After a slightly dodgy start, when Elen went AWOL when she found that Aran hadn't arrived, and he therefore had a brief flirtation with Blue372 (of whom much more in the Llyn Brenig thread), this couple's second season together is turning out to be a great success.  Elen has survived the attentions of an aggressive Tawny Owl and has produced 3 eggs, one more than last season, and Aran has continued to be the great provider we are accustomed to.

22 April @ 18:08

25 April @ 12:44

28 April @ 08:07

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    08:40 ~ 6M7 FLEDGED !!!

And only less than 2 hours later!

10:27 ~ 6M9 FLEDGED !!!

This has taken so long to produce that I'm thinking of charging y'all to watch it... but come to think of it, maybe that should say paying y'all Grin

IMAGICAT

• Super footage Scylla, excellent PS too ... pass the hat round! RoflRofl

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great stuff. Thanks Scylla, what a little treasure he is 

29 July

08:19 small whole fish - how lovely to see such peaceful competition!

6M9 Bobby got the lion's share at first and there was only a tailend left for the third sharer:

I shan't be checking this nest much from now on but I'll keep downloading - so if anyone spots something they'd like published, do let me know - if I see new posts in here I'll check before I delete footage to make space Hugging

IMAGICAT

31 July

On a cursory run-thru all seems well - 2 Magpies pestering all day, at least one intruder at teatime (unseen except in the sky), dealt with.

Aran with unusual hairdo - I coudn't deglare it:

Aran had another fish, a juvie flew in to claim it but Aran  ended up flying over the juvie to the nest with it.  Couldn't make up mind re which snap, so...

Don't know who this was:

IMAGICAT

• Such super captures but but but I came on this thread cos I wanted to post  Aran, sigh. Well, I'm going to anyway but my thanks to you Scylla for the frames also. Frames are a little beyond me now it's been so long so I won't be including one of those , but here goes (see if I've remembered my tutorials     Blush          ) I remember the   full stop

How on earth did I acquire the black ''frame'' on  the right  , another  sigh and rhetorical question  And it's still bigger than I wanted.

• <<< The full stop goes here on the very first line to stop the post tucking up too close under your name - and anywhere else you want space, eg between paras... Like here:

. <<<

01 AUGUST

I know I said I wouldn't cover this cam much but I have to check in to see they're OK, and last night they offered a nice little scene:

IMAGICAT

• Oh , a really great video.  Many thanks Scylla  . Moths and Bats galore and a sleeping (fifully) Osprey

Elen was trying to glare-scare away the Magpies -in vain:

IMAGICAT