Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 April 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MAY!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Folks in my area are excited because the Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds are arriving back from migration. Everyone is cleaning their feeders and preparing the birds' food. They are revered here.

My neighbor saw the old patriarch White-Tailed Deer buck in the woods. He said the old fella was turning grey. I hadn't seen him for awhile. I think the noisy music and motorcycles at the Pub bother him, so he's staying deeper in the forest.

Love and hugs to you all!

• Having difficulty writing anything to go with my pic- - it is our clematis on the side of our house. Well, just a part of it anyway.

The newlyweds across the road have now left on their honeymoon & we told them we would look after their bins. After the jolly knees up they had on Saturday, we had a knock on our door on the Sunday & the brides father was there to give us some of the table flowers & some tiny sweeties left over from the evening. Very kind. Also some small packets of seeds including peas. As I opened the packaging, the bottom fell out of the pea packet, and what seemed like hundreds of dried peas rolled out all over our new carpet!! Took a while to gather them in and my OH is going to plant a row with the ones he has already bought!!

• LYNETTE  I saw "Sister Act" at EdenCourt a while back.  Lesley Joseph was excellent in the lead.

• Sunny here and a bit warmer, which is a relief. The man is cleaning our windows, so I'm hiding from him otherwise he seems to attack each room I'm in!! Got some of our winter coats washed and out on the line on a windy bright day.

Sorry your boiler is acting up, Rusty.  They are a mystery to me:  my OH has shown me how to restart it if it stops or needs water adding, but I still don't understand it!

The sun coming in through the windows makes everything seem dirty and dusty - more housework required! My OH is very good and has virtually taken over the hoovering tasks - but although I don't complain, I have to laugh as he leaves both of our hoovers until they start groaning, as he never thinks to empty them out. I'm spring cleaning in the sense that I'm roaming the house, looking for things which are surplus to requirements, we seem to have so much "stuff" but I have to confess Its all my fault.

I hope those who are unwell are recovering now - especially Diane, and Heather - nice to see you posting Heather.

• I can type quite easily now but still have discomfort in my shoulder and haven't regained full movement in the arm. Doing exercises, but after such a long time, I think it will never be the same. Oh well ....

• Reading all but it's been a bit busy. 

Heather: Keep doing those exercises; how often are you seeing the PT person?  Always good to see you.  How is the family?  Are you getting out with them at all?

Lindybird:  I'm tackling the house one area at a time with a day off in between. I swear if I lived by myself I wouldn't have half the stuff!  I'm afraid I'm a 'place for everything and everything in its place" type whereas OH's office is his place 'for everything" even stuff nobody needs.  Arghhh.

Lynette:  Do you have a lot of trouble with the cpap machine?  My OH couldn't stand wearing his - gave up eventually.

Thanks all for pix and news.  I, daughter and granddaughter are supposed to be taking the dogs for a walk this morning after Ms. D goes to school.   

Take care everyone.

• HEATHER  Glad to hear there has been some improvement.

• Heather - don’t give up on the exercises. My friend broke her wrist and continued with her physio for at least a year. She got a lot of movement back. 
    Annette - I think you have a good plan with the tidying. I, like you, prefer a tidy, uncluttered house. As I live alone, I usually manage to achieve it! 
    Had a couple of hours at Chester Zoo today with a friend. We saw the snow leopards but they were curled up asleep!!! We also saw a very cute baby giraffe. It was chasing a Canada Goose around. We loved its curiosity. 

•  OG  – Thank you for your congrats.

HEATHER  – Please be patient and do your exercises. It will take time, though I hope not as long as mine. I damaged my shoulder on my last overseas trip, pulling myself on to coaches (pre-knee replacement days). It took about 2 years before the shoulder gave up complaining.

Along with food shop, this morn I delivered stuff to charity bins (children’s jigsaws & books and 3 dozen beanies). I made all the jigsaws before cleaning and wrapping them in cling wrap – I have decided I am not interested in jigsaws as a hobby! I threw out a few with missing or broken pieces and a map of the world with countries that no longer exist. My supply of leftover wool has dwindled so I may have to buy new, but I already have another beanie almost finished towards next year’s donation. I have returned to the chemist unused rat tests past their use-by date and used batteries to a collection bin at the supermarket. Recently I disposed of the dead electrical appliances to another depot. So why doesn’t the house look empty?

• Ha!! AQ amazing the amount of unused items , we tend to keep, " as may come in handy " Chol)

Anyone noticed its the 1st of Month and we have no blips on the Threads Yay!! Thank you Team for eventually listening

• AQ:  Ha!   Countries that no longer exist.  Rhodesia, Ceylon etc., etc., etc.   Sometimes I still come up with the names we learned in Geography classes way back when the globe still had a lot of pink on it.  :-)