Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 April 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Tuesday night in the UK and US.

I hope everyone has a good week. 

LINDY, I know what you mean about the changeable weather. It was 80 degrees here this past week, but today everyone with a garden was scurrying to cover the plants because we have a hard frost coming tonight.

It's a shame because we are in the middle of our wild mushroom season, and people have been foraging everywhere. The wild morels are selling for $30 to $75 per pound, depending on the size and quality!

Love and hugs to all!

• Wishing you a  Very Happy Birthday AQ!

• AQ - A very happy birthday.  Hope you have a lovely tea with the family, and lots of treats!

• DIANE, ANNETTE, KATE, HARELADY & PAT – Thank you very much for your good wishes and kind thoughts. I had a fairly quiet day. Dau & Trio came, the latter with their own personally made cards. MissL loves cats and, guess what, every “O” was a wee cat face. Miss J found some new items in our toy box (I have been culling cupboards), including 12x12 dominoes. MissS fetched the ladder and changed our smoke alarm batteries. (Another task ticked.) Now I must stop waffling and be away, I have a new book from Dau to read. Good night from DownUnder.

• So nice to have family to share your Special Birthday AQ BlushTadaBalloonCocktailChampagneBirthday

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• We only have one AQ, Annette! So she must be special!  :-}

Pleased that you had family round for your celebrations, AQ - Nothing quite as precious as a home made card or two. Enjoy your chocs. And a book! What a great gift. Congrats on reaching the great 80 -  it doesn't seem so long since we were at school does it, or a geeky teenager? Time flies by - "Life is what happens when you are busy doing other things" someone once said.

I just finished a book I was half way through when on our holiday, and then put aside whilst I picked up the threads of home. Now I've started reading another one, although its difficult as whenever I read, I feel I should really be doing something else. And I get engrossed in them and read for ages, till my eyes start feeling as if they are going to fall out - perhaps one day, they will.

• OG  Many thanks for the lovely card.  AQ Happy Birthday.

• A belated Happy birthday AQ. Nice that you had a visit from the family, home made cards and a new book! Good that you have a g- daughter who can climb up  steps and change batteries for you.

Lindy, I also think I should be doing something else when I read a book during the day.  I have just returned "The Door-to-Door Bookstore" to the library, which is our book group's choice this month. There is a waiting list for it apparently, so finished reading it last night. I also had to wait for it.

• LIMPY  Sorry to hear that Clare is having a bad time.....both of you take care.

• Sorry I have been absent. I will be back tomorrow. Meanwhile a very belated Happy Special Birthday to AQ. So pleased the family could come. 

• WENDY, DIBNLIB, ROSY, RUSTY – Thank you for your comments & wishes.

I fell asleep last eve “watching” TV, then couldn’t sleep in bed, so I was boiling the kettle at 1 am for camomile tea. That worked! Plus a short read. I cannot survive without regular “fixes” of reading!

LINDA - !!!!