Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 April 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Tuesday night in the UK and US.

I hope everyone has a good week. 

LINDY, I know what you mean about the changeable weather. It was 80 degrees here this past week, but today everyone with a garden was scurrying to cover the plants because we have a hard frost coming tonight.

It's a shame because we are in the middle of our wild mushroom season, and people have been foraging everywhere. The wild morels are selling for $30 to $75 per pound, depending on the size and quality!

Love and hugs to all!

• Diane  They're also carrying it on MSNBC and CNN, which is helpful (for me) in that it shows which of the justices is speaking.  

• Pat O: My answer to your questions is " I don't know." I appreciate your concern, though. There's a good chance Trump will win the election in November.

Sorry, folks. I usually don't introduce political topics here. But this case has the potential to change life as we know it in the US. I knew ANNETTE had been very busy, and I wanted to make sure she knew the hearing had been called.

• Diane:  Not too busy to miss all the T-related trials....  :-)

• Diane, I think it could well have the potential to change life for the whole world.  I'm not a political animal ...

• Scary times politically, in many places in the world. 
    Times they are a'changing!! And not always to the good, sadly.  No, I'm not a political animal either, Pat - I think most politicians are well, unprintable!!

Still a cold wind here and its going to almost freeze again tonight.  Brr. We are looking after Quaver the golden labrador again, as Sue made a mess of her arrangements and offered to have her for a few days,, then realised that it coincided with her trip to the Cotswolds!! We have her just for today, tomorrow and part of Saturday before her owners return from warmer climes. She's very docile but follows me around everywhere & I fear tripping over her!

•  A  VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR OWN AQ!!!! -

Hope your family spoil you a bit, AQ, and you can enjoy your day.  xx

I think that today is Anzac Day there DownUnder, too. Although reading this, its already gone by down there....

• LINDA – Thank you. And thank you for remembering. We’ve been up an hour and OH has not remembered yet. I wonder if he will realize when I remind him that Dau#2 + Trio are coming for a’tea? It’s turning out to be a low key b-day despite me reaching those years beginning with an 8. First, Dau#1 dropped in 10 days ago when she was delivering G-dau to airport. (a 50 min drive for her, such a long way). Also Big Sister is now upset because she didn’t send the appropriate number card as she has been telling everyone I would be 74. I may still be early morn but I shall go and taste the Lindt chocs I bought myself. . .

• AQ:  I wish you a very happy birthday. I also wish for some way your life can become easier. Love and strength to you, my friend.

• Lindybird:  Loved "our own AQ" 

AQ: I wish we were all closer so we could all sweep you off for a delicious lunch with champagne, flowers, balloons and such.  You absolutely deserve it.   Talking of husbands, I was cleaning out some paperwork in my OH's office and found an unsigned birthday card  "for my wife"  That must've been the year I threw a fit over because i didn't even get a card.  (Hasn't happened since; in fact I got two this year!).  Oh well.  How was your tea with Daughter #2?   Big sister??

• AQ Hope you manage to have a lovely day Bless you.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX