Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 April 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Tuesday night in the UK and US.

I hope everyone has a good week. 

LINDY, I know what you mean about the changeable weather. It was 80 degrees here this past week, but today everyone with a garden was scurrying to cover the plants because we have a hard frost coming tonight.

It's a shame because we are in the middle of our wild mushroom season, and people have been foraging everywhere. The wild morels are selling for $30 to $75 per pound, depending on the size and quality!

Love and hugs to all!

• Afternoon all.

Clare has a chest infection and a fractured finger she went ass over tit .

as for me I'm going down hill slowly find it very hard to type .

otherwise we are ok, I hope you are all well and it nice to you posting on the threads

as all ways love to you all from Clare and Me

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Limpy - So good to hear from you.  And very sorry to hear that Clare is both unwell and injured.  Hope she will recover very soon - tell her we miss her wonderful photographs!

• Hi Limpy and Clare - so sorry to hear of your various ailments - but knowing you both - you will bounce back and keep on getting our to see and photograph the wonderful Suffolk Countryside and coasts.

Do let us know how you are doing and I wish you both good health.

• Limpy:  Always good to hear from you guys, but sorry things are bumpy.  Do take care of yourselves and tell Clare no more dancing on tabletops.  :-)

Ms. D back home here with her Mom.  I was so happy to have uneventful evening with OH I completely forgot about a Zoom meeting I wanted to join and ended up with a glass of wine and dinner on the couch watching the news.  

• Annette - it sounds as if you are starting to relax which must be good. 
    Limpy - good to hear from you and glad you made the effort to communicate with us. Sorry to hear Clare has been in the wars. Hope you are feeling better soon Clare. 
    After a chat with the pharmacist today about anti histamines for my hay fever. It turns out she doesn’t think I have hay fever. She thinks I have the cold which is going round Wales at the moment and can last up to 4 weeks!!!!!!
    Shhhhh. But I think the antibiotics are doing the trick with the cystitis. 

I had a nice hour pottering in the garden this afternoon. 

• HI!  Had podiatrist here this morning – I only screamed twice, so quite pleased.  And none of my toes wearing bandages this time!  Will have to consider whether to explore removal of two nails, I think.

Didn’t go out in the garden to watch E-E working this afternoon – I worked on the magazine instead and have got as far as printing a draft for proof reading.  Good to see various messages on here.

ANNETTE – lunch was excellent at the garden centre; I had a prawn sandwich (very generously filled) with salad, E-E had soup with a prawn sandwich (no salad) and J had a chicken and bacon panini, also well-filled.  He appreciated the outing. And we also bought some cakes there.  We dropped him back in town while we did some messages, including veg shopping.  Glad to see your GD arrived safe back in SoCal.

LINDA – Housework is such a nuisance when it gets in the way!

AQ – Tulips here have varied lengths of stems, partly depending on variety, and also differing growing conditions.

RUSTY – we have used only peat-free compost for several years now – but also some home-grown compost to improve the texture.  Haven’t had much time to sit and assess my chair since it was done!  A four-week cold?  Nasty!  Glad the anti-biotics appear to be working!

LIMPY (and CLARE) – good to hear from you – I had wondered what had happened to you both.  Sorry to hear about the problems – look after each other!

• Oh heck, Limpy. Tell Clare to take more water with it, as they used to say!  Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear she's in a rough patch. And you, too, are not too good -- please be kind to yourselves and take it easy. {{HUGS}}

OG - Pleased you all enjoyed your lunch. Yes, H. Work does put a dampener on things!! 

Annette- Nice to just sit sometimes and take it easy. You've had such a busy few weeks 

Lots of noise here today as our neighbours on both sides have contractors to come & cut the lawns, & this morning they all arrived together!  My OH cut our lawn on Tuesday and was surprised at how much it had grown since he last did it, not long ago. Grass loves rain! I made home made chips in the air fryer yesterday but was disappointed with the result. I think I used the wrong kind of oil as I just sprayed them with the oil I bought to glaze the cooking grids - on reflection I should have rolled them in vegetable oil first. Lots to learn with new equipment!

• LINDA - Busy day here - mostly because E-E has a number of appointments tomorrow.  Our mower man came yesterday morning and I think he has adjusted to one setting lower this time.  It really needs scarifying, but I don't think E-E has got around to asking for that - in my book, "looking after the lawns this year" includes scarifying and spring treatment, but it appears they are not automatically included!  Thanks for update on the airfryer experiment - please keep us informed!

• ANNETTE and BJANE (and anyone interested): NPR has interrupted regular coverage to go live to the hearing at the Supreme Court. The hearing will determine whether Trump is immune from prosecution for his effort to overturn the presidential election and Biden's victory over him. I assume all the other media have also gone live to the court. 

For those who don't know: If the court rules in Trump's favor, presidential power will now be unlimited and unchecked. A president will be free to do anything without fear of criminal prosecution. Democracy will be over in America.

• Diane - That sounds terrifying.  How can people not see how dangerous that man is?  How can they possibly think he should become President again?