Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 April 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON and HAPPY SOLAR ECLIPSE!

I hope everyone has a good week!

I received my eclipse glasses yesterday, and I'm all set for the big day on Monday. I will have 100% totality. However, this is our rainy season, so I'm hoping we will catch a break and have clear skies for the eclipse.

Many websites will be streaming the eclipse if anyone wants to watch it.

I'm approaching this event with a reverential attitude. I'm hoping to use it as a reset and turn my life in a more positive direction.

Love and hugs to all!

• Yes  I noticed AQ is rather missing. Hope all is OK. Also, I meant to say that I was sorry Heather still having problems. It's been a long haul for you  Heather. (HUGS)

• Life is very busy. Too tired to reply tonight, maybe tomorrow.

• AQ - you sound tired. Is the situation with your OH becoming more difficult. Hope you can get some rest.

Annette - as you say, things now seem to be settling down into some kind of routine for you all. Obviously there will be things to tie up in AZ. Hope your granddaughter manages to find a suitable job soon.

No it wasn’t me with car problems a while ago although it did have its regular service and MOT. I have had this battery problem before. It’s caused because I haven’t driven it enough. I don’t go out much over Easter. I often share lifts to my activités and I use my bus pass too!!! The AA man sorted me out and advised I take it for a few long runs. I drove to Chester and had a look at newer cars in the dealership there!!! As my car is 15 years old, I will have to change it eventually. I got some good ideas and food for thought. I drove home a long way round and this afternoon I went to a supermarket further away so that I could do some more driving!!! I will take it for another drive tomorrow. Maybe to the coast so I can do a bit of birding!!! 

• Feeling quite discombobulated again!  Just thought life was settling down a bit, then OH had a tooth break off last evening.  He saw his own dentist at lunchtime today and had the root removed – was home very soon with an arrangement in place for getting one added to his plate – so glad it is in a convenient position for that.  In two weeks, he will spend most of a day between dentist here and technician in Carlisle.  His problem this afternoon is that he feels hungry but can’t face eating yet, so has missed his church elders’ meeting.  J also went out while it was reasonably dry this morning, just for a walk.

LYNETTE – good to see the finished kitchen – it looks lovely (although personally I would not have a gas hob).  Did you go for a complete re-design, or keep the same layout as before?

LINDA – pleased to see your OH did not have to do the driving down south – I hope he slept well after a long and tiring day.

RUSTY – never gave a thought to it being your car which might let you down for your presentation!  Glad you got there, albeit heavily laden, and that it went well - and you got a lift home!  I hope the car appreciated its extra drives today!

ANNETTE – all blueberries safely frozen – our usual way of dealing with them however many we buy.  Ready portioned for breakfasts with pancakes and yoghourt.  Good to see you feel life is returning to normal after organising the big move.  Are you selling the AZ property?  I hope your GD will soon be settled in a new job – airport police sounds good.

AQ – sorry life is so busy and tough at the moment – do take care.

• Hello from North Wales- we drove here this morning after throwing a lot of things in the hallway last night, & stuffing the car full this morning. A good journey beginning in the sunshine, but cloudier as we reached our destination. Saw lots of spring lambs in the fields and the yellow gorse is out now.

AQ - You must be tired - it's a bit of a slog, coping on your own. I do hope you can snatch some rest.

Rusty - Perhaps you can find a nice car to replace yours and be more reliable. My little red car, Ruby, is 14 this year & has been such a reliable car we don't like to change it. We may come down to only one car soon anyway as my eyesight is troubling me and its horrific how much it costs per year now, to run two. Glad your talk went well!

OG - Oh, poor EE - teeth are such a bother. At least as you say, a new tooth can be added easily.  Thank you, my OH did sleep well after a much needed tot of whisky. His golf was cancelled again this morning so he went to tend the allotment whilst I found all our clothes for the trip.

• Hello from North Wales- we drove here this morning after throwing a lot of things in the hallway last night, & stuffing the car full this morning. A good journey beginning in the sunshine, but cloudier as we reached our destination. Saw lots of spring lambs in the fields and the yellow gorse is out now.

AQ - You must be tired - it's a bit of a slog, coping on your own. I do hope you can snatch some rest.

Rusty - Perhaps you can find a nice car to replace yours and be more reliable. My little red car, Ruby, is 14 this year & has been such a reliable car we don't like to change it. We may come down to only one car soon anyway as my eyesight is troubling me and its horrific how much it costs per year now, to run two. Glad your talk went well!

OG - Oh, poor EE - teeth are such a bother. At least as you say, a new tooth can be added easily.  Thank you, my OH did sleep well after a much needed tot of whisky. His golf was cancelled again this morning so he went to tend the allotment whilst I found all our clothes for the trip.

• We left three tubs of colourful tulips just coming out in the garden: sometimes I've even been known to bring some with me! But no room in the car today. The chair behind it is the one I bought my OH for his birthday, so that he can have a quick coffee without getting garden chairs out of the shed!

• What a lovely kitchen Lynette. I'll bet you are really enjoying it!

• Highlights (?) of the past week. Last weekend OH asked to go for a drive past old family homes. I abandoned 2 loads of washing ready to come off the line, found the list of addresses and set off for unfamiliar suburbs. G-par A house now invisible behind high fence. G-par B house he doesn’t recognize. He walks past parent’s house & returns to car quiet & disappointed. As I expected. Returning to the past, it is never the same.

Later that evening he announces he has broken a tooth. It is not paining. Do we wait and see or phone dentist before worse damage? Just before I phone Monday morn, he says it’s not sharp anymore and he thinks it was a piece of almond stuck between - - -

Another day I’m off to shops for OH – underwear, diabetic socks (should be easier to put on) & winter shirt. Of course I do this alone. He waits until I have my hands in the sink and tries on new shirt over what he is already wearing. Three days later, I remind him again, yes it fits. Whether he will wear it is another matter.

After many months with a dodgy toaster oven (door doesn’t close), I finally have time to buy a new one. Next on list is a duna for me. Dau suggests school holidays are not a good time. Thanks, holidays started this weekend and if I wait 2 weeks, shops will be sold out. Memo to me – try 9 am Monday before mothers have extracted their kids from bed.

Daily breakfast. I make OH's toast, he spreads marg & vegemite. Far too often he then says “What do I do now?” Patiently (so far) I say “Eat it”.

At end of last season I dug up and separated my scilla and crocus. When I’ve had time I prepared the new bulb patches. Friday I “buried” the scilla, intending to leave crocus for another day. Alas when I fetched them I saw they had already shot. Shoots would be 8-12 ins long if they weren’t curled around in loops. Some had pushed through their newspaper wrapping. See photo below. They are now in the ground and I have my fingers crossed that some will survive. I did not see any roots.

Tomorrow I plan to escape to a church which has a few stained glass windows. One of few churches I have not visited. I do enjoy reading all your chatter, travels meals renovations weather.

• Oh AQ - that sounds really hard. I suspected that your tiredness would be related to your OH. It’s such a cruel disease isn’t it? I hope your little escape to the church with the stained glass helps. Sending hugs. 
    Lindy - are you getting blown away on the coast? At least it is dry (well it is here). 
    I had a drive to the coast this morning to help with the recharging of the car battery. I ended up in Prestatyn. I had a brisk walk. As you can see,

the beach is deserted. If you enlarge the  photo you will see the giant wind farm.