Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MARCH!

I hope everyone has a good week!

Folks in my region are shaking their heads in disbelief. We've been having stretches of bizarre, record-breaking warmth here (over 73F or 22.7C). Very strange for the last week of February.

The migrating birds are all returning early. The beautiful Sandhill Cranes began to reach Indiana on February 1, and twice as many as normal have arrived here. Even the songbirds are already appearing.

Love and hugs to everyone.

• Smile!

Granddaughter for school 'World book day'

Dr Seus the lorax

• That's a great costume Kate, my Niece wanted to be Miss Trunchball but one of the other T/A's got there first, still waiting for a pic!  Grinning

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Clicked on View More this morning only to be taken back (yet again) to Lindybird's now four-day-old hopes for OG's mattress.   Really?  Come on RSPB; this isn't efficient!

• ANNETTE, PAT O, AQ: If you all are reaching the end of your rope with this website, you can always consider taking this thread to another platform, for example Facebook. I'm not necessarily advocating for that option. Honestly, I'm fine with whatever you folks want. 

I'd just hate to see us all lose touch with each other. I know I haven't posted much recently. Mostly because my Internet on my computer crashed when all the construction occurred in my small town, so I've been limited to my phone. But I will be getting new Internet this month and it will be MUCH easier with a keyboard again, rather than one-finger typing on my phone. 

It was just a thought. Maybe give the RSPB folks time to get the pagination fixed. I don't know, our thread may be too personal for this worldwide forum, anyway. Whatever everyone wants is fine with me.

• All: If you took this thread to Facebook, it would have to be a FRIENDS ONLY, closed site (not open to the public). And everybody would have to adhere to that rule, or it would be a security nightmare.

• AQ – good to see a post from you, but sorry it is so dry there!  Today felt like we were back to winter – got ready to go to supermarkets and shivered – cold wind but still dry.  Not exciting shopping, but an hour out from these four walls.

DIANE - I, for one, would not really want this thread migrated to Facebook.  I think we still need time to get used to the tricks which various folk have suggested – and for RSPB to wake up and give us pages again – that would be the single most helpful thing they could do.

Another weekend nearly here – where are the weeks going?  Gardening man has not shown his face yet, but we have passed him mowing for other people – I think we shall have to phone him.  Trouble is, OH hasn’t made any decisions about what he wants to have done.

• Did you see that the female has arrived back at Loch of the Lowes? Fantastic!

I have been to see my friend in the cottage hospital. She is being transferred to the rehab place next Tuesday. I am pleased with myself because I have given the grass its first cut. Very much needed. 

Will reply to everyone tomorrow.

• OG: I agree. I think migrating this thread to another platform would be problematic. I know that I don't have the time or the expertise to administer/moderate a Facebook group, and I would not want to be responsible for the security.

• Thank you Wendy.  Appreciate  your hints.  Let's hope  those 'amendments' will be here sooner than later.

• Well, I will say one thing for this new arrangement. At least it tells you that you are signed out before you start typing.

Just come on for a moan. I am feeling sorry for myself. My front door lock still isn’t fixed and now my gas boiler is leaking again a month after it was fixed!!! British Gas are coming out today sometime before 6 so I have to hang around for them! I hope there isn’t going to be a 3rd thing! 

To cap it all, it is raining so I can’t even potter in the garden whilst I am waiting!