Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MARCH!

I hope everyone has a good week!

Folks in my region are shaking their heads in disbelief. We've been having stretches of bizarre, record-breaking warmth here (over 73F or 22.7C). Very strange for the last week of February.

The migrating birds are all returning early. The beautiful Sandhill Cranes began to reach Indiana on February 1, and twice as many as normal have arrived here. Even the songbirds are already appearing.

Love and hugs to everyone.

• Good Lord, a year since your last trip?  That went quickly.

• Lindy - I know exactly what you mean about Manchester Airport!! Going through security is a nightmare and the waiting area is just so crowded and unpleasant. However, once you actually get in the air and off to the warmth, you will be fine.

Blimey, I am not going to complain again about my £35 for the garden waste collection. Some of you are paying more than double. I hope my local council doesn’t go getting ideas. At least I have paid for this year!!!

Pat - French was good. Lots to talk about. So many countries where French in spoken. 

• ROSY – mattress is still on its way – currently somewhere on the M6 after parking up in Keswick!  OH had plenty of time to clear the bedroom this morning before a tour of the town with a backlog of messages – a lift for J,  delivery of collected food from church to food bank, a click and collect package from Boots, number labels for new wheelie bin (which arrived just after lunch), shopping in Aldi and Tesco, and delivering the rotas to the church friend who had asked me to type them!

LINDA – spring certainly seems to have sprung, with lots of lovely blooms.  There is a Corkscrew Hazel over the road with catkins hanging twice the usual length – can’t get near enough to look for the wee female flowers.  I didn’t realise you are off on your hols so soon – happy packing!  Such a shame that he hates cruises and you hate flying – separate holidays from now on?

RUSTY – French seems to be spoken in almost as many places as English – blame it on historic colonisation!

I am feeling bored right now – I don’t like hanging about for things to happen!  There is plenty I could do, but not sure it’s worth starting anything!

• Cirrus:  I'm pretty sure Diane is in the path of the total eclipse.  I just hope the sky is clear for  maximum effect.

• Hey, folks. Facebook and all of Meta are down. It is a major outage, and people can't log in to their accounts. I'm just posting the info here so that folks won't panic (like I did) when they can't access their accounts. I'll be back later to post some replies.

• Hi Diane, just successfully logged in to my FB here in East Kent, UK!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• OG - I hope the mattress arrived and that it is comfortable and what you wanted and needed. Yes. Colonisation. We talked about that at French. We had an article to read about Algeria and the attitude there is to French there now. Most interesting and complicated too.

Diane - I saw Sandhill cranes when I visited Alaska. They are indeed beautiful. 

I treated a friend to a day out at the zoo yesterday for her birthday which was in January. The weather was lovely. We walked about 4 miles during the day and saw lots. We took our time and had coffee and lunch stops. We both really enjoyed the day and felt very relaxed by the end. 

Today a locksmith is coming as, on Monday, my front door handle decided it wouldn’t work any more. Fortunately the door is locked but, when unlocked, I can’t push the handle down. It happened all of a sudden. I can use the back door of course. There is always something isn’t there? 

• LINDY   I feel just like you do.  At the moment we are not booked to go anywhere other than a couple of nights in Pitlochry......suits me fine

• Hi all, see the layout has changed for this forum..   not been on for a while but am going along fine.   Do hope you are all keeping well.  See that the cams are coming on again for the forthcoming season.

Well, I've been and gone and done it ----   bought a new kitchen after obtaining a bank loan and am now waiting for my builder to come and fit it.   After contacting him, the date set is the

2nd April after we have taken delivery of kitchen on the 28th March.   Hope all runs smoothly but we will have to wait and see.

Isn't he handsome - posted on the Kruger lead on FB by a visitor to the Park.  At least I've got the hang of posting a pic, it is easier.