Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I left a long post about the format change at the end of last week's thread. It may or may not answer some questions. I was just trying to help.

My area had a big snowstorm yesterday. My patch got 6 inches of drifting snow and ice. I felt sorry for the male red cardinal. He huddled under his old nest at the end of my enclosed porch. Poor fella had ice in his feathers. He was all fluffed up trying to stay warm. I fought the urge to let him in for awhile.

Love and hugs to everyone!

• Click on this link and select 'Newest' to see latest 'Official rspb' post summarising all our requests ... asking if any more need adding

community.rspb.org.uk/.../important-upcoming-changes-to-the-community

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well. I will plough on by clicking under Diane’s post thus putting me as the last comment. No news really. I managed to do an hour in the garden this morning and then it rained again!!!! 

• Just hoping Annette and her family are doing alright with the rains and flooding they are having!!

• Hi!  Finished magazine  early!  A strange one as ordering the pages is difficult, being partly in Lent and finishing with Easter!  Done my own read through, now waiting for E E to proof read for the final check.

Weather report - same as most people - not worth mentioning!

A lot has happened here while I have been silent.  Basically, J has a Social Worker who is trying to make sure things happen for him.  She will be here with him tomorrow morning to help complete various application forms to claim his rights.

I see we appear to have lost some of our rgular posters - I hope they find their way back!

• ANNETTE: bjane beat me to it. I was getting ready to post to you about the new atmospheric river hitting your region. I, too, hope you, your family, and your property are okay. Conditions sounded dire on NPR (radio). I hope the work on the condo for your granddaughter is nearing completion. No need to reply. I know you're busy.

BJANE: Nice to see you. Hope you're well.

• OG: You slipped in while I was typing. Didn't mean to ignore you. I am relieved that a social worker has been assigned to help J with problematic aspects of his life. I hope that will relieve some of the pressure on you and EE. Maybe with the social worker's guidance he can improve his life and yours. Congratulations on completion of the magazine. I've been hibernating like an old bear, but it's supposed to warm up for the rest of this month, and I need to get busy and be productive!

I, too, hope we don't lose our cherished, long-time friends on this thread.

SUNNYKATE: Thank you for copying and pasting my last week's post about the format changes. For some reason, my phone refused to do it. My internet is still down on my desktop computer. However, my internet provider has just begun offering a new "over the air" plan. So next month I'm going to buy a new computer (mine is ancient) and arrange for the new internet. Internet options are limited in my rural and heavily forested area. So, I hope that plan works for me.

Hello to all.

• Hi there:   We are fine; this storm wasn't as strong as the other weekend's - at least not in our area.  Thanks for your concerns.

OG;  Hope J's social worker is able to move things along; it must be hard to navigate and stay motivated.

We are past the big stuff on the condo - new floors, countertops, windows, etc.  Now we've suddenly realized we need handles on the cabinets and towel racks for bathrooms, etc.   Will be SO glad when this is done.  Meanwhile, two lights in our kitchen have gone out and the pump in the bird fountain died two weeks before Christmas and am filling up the basin (when it doesn't rain!) so they can still drink and splash about.

Take care everyone.

•   You are more than welcome,I guesssed you having Tech probs when you mentioned your thread, so I brought it forward for you, as it does help and seems to have assisted so many Bless you.

Truly hope you will enjoy new computer sometime near future.

• Good morning. Well. Guess what? It is raining again. I am just going grocery shopping and then mooching around at home. I think I am getting the hang of this site. I hope Lindy and others stick with it. Thinking of Heather and hoping she is coping at home. OG. You will feel relieved that J is getting some help. I hope that helps you and EE too. 

• OG  very pleased that J now has a social worker to help him, that must be a bit of a relief for you both.