Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I left a long post about the format change at the end of last week's thread. It may or may not answer some questions. I was just trying to help.

My area had a big snowstorm yesterday. My patch got 6 inches of drifting snow and ice. I felt sorry for the male red cardinal. He huddled under his old nest at the end of my enclosed porch. Poor fella had ice in his feathers. He was all fluffed up trying to stay warm. I fought the urge to let him in for awhile.

Love and hugs to everyone!

• I am sticking with only replying by clicking on Dianes first post - that way I will always be at the bottom. You can still mention and answer anyones post there and they will see it when they log in. I do so love reading all the news so I hope all will perservere.

Good morning from Soggy Suffolk! I am off to London today for more Nanny duty - back on Sunday. I madly signed up for the Cafod "200km in 40 days" fundraising and so far am ahead by 10km as I had a few good days when the weather was fine. Yesterday most of my walk was in the rain.

Have a good weekend all.

• AQ and others ..Tis confusing to be sure.

My own solution, which I find to be reasonably workable. for READING posts...is

1.   On opening thread...Scroll to the latest posting.........

THEN To read  previous  posts..

2.    Scroll up to the centre , Blue Tab  ' VIEW MORE' and click

3.       Then scroll to the bottom of page and you can read latest post

and easily see previous hours and days postings...

What a faff !!!!!

• The sun has come out!!! Hooray!!
    This morning I finished the talk I have been preparing about my holiday to the Hebrides last summer. I have really enjoyed doing it. It brought back lots of memories. I am giving the talk in April.

This afternoon I have been to visit my friend in the cottage hospital. She is making progress but it is slow. She looks better. I am sure it is to do with the fact that she is eating properly. In the assisted living she had the lunch which was provided but her other meals were more like unhealthy snacks. She is aware of that and is already making plans as to what she can do better when she goes home. I think that is very positive.

Just as well I read this before posting. My first sentence read the “sin” has come out. You would all have been wondering what had been going on here!!! LOL

• The sun has been out here as well but it has turned a bit chillier.  RUSTY  I am glad your friend is making progress

• We had a "family trip out" this afternoon.  No, nothing exciting!  Hospital is so busy catching up with outpatient appointments that J and I both had to go today!  Mine was the Xray the GP asked for last week (very quick response), I shall get result from GP next week, theoretically.  And J had to see ENT as follow up on his hearing test a few weeks back.  He definitely has damaged hearing receptors (could be from playing in a band, from his original brain tumour or tits reatments or just something which was going to happen anyway)  He definitely .has hearing lossi n both ears and the consultant is referring him for the moulds for hearing aids.

Hop[ing for a quiet weekend - I am extremely tired from my faulty "Posh Mattress" - only 11 days till we receive the replacement "ordinary" ones.  I am listed to do the prayers this Sunday so will spend most of Saturday preparing.

• OG - how convenient that you and J both had hospital appointments on the same day. It will be good for J to get his hearing sorted. Hope your X-ray results come soon and that they are satisfactory. Sorry you are tired. Such a nuisance about the mattress. Hope you are getting on well with the prayers ready for tomorrow.

We had an overnight frost and it has turned into a very pleasant day. I have been doing housework!!! I am quite pleased with how it is going. It is not my favourite pastime! LOL

• Cross fingers for the results OG' great that you will get them next week.

• Done my prayer preparation - why do visiting preachers chose such silly readings instead of following the lectionary (he's the local prison chaplain).

Slept well last night - think it was the exhaustion!