Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

There was a major ruckus over my patch this past week. A dispute arose between the flock of Crows and the Barred Owl pair. I don't know what the issue of contention was, but the crows filled the sky cawing and squawking loudly, and the owls' booming hoots filled the forest for nearly an hour. 

We had a couple of days of record-breaking warmth that made everyone shake their heads in surprise. It was 67F or 19C in my area with glorious sunshine. So very strange for February. It's back to winter now with snow coming next week.

So nice to see Heather back. Take care and don't try to do too much, Heather.

Love and hugs to all.

• I think we will get used to it Lindy. Am I tempting fate by saying that it seems to respond faster? 

I just highlighting your post and  click quote,  seeing if it will post.....?When I click reply!!!!!

Wonder how 1st of month will react now , as well.

• Hello, Annette.  I didn't really want to reply to you ... please don't take it personally!  I just wanted to make a general comment, but can't work out how to do that.  I keep this thread open on my computer and I used to just be able to 'refresh' and get all the new stuff.  Now when I reopen and refresh, I get back to something I posted a few days ago.  I just want to get back to the last post I read so I can read the new stuff.  Wonder if that's possible, or do I just have to scroll through everything since I last posted?  Annette p I totally agree with your comment.  Those who redesign these things are certainly not users.  I guess we will get used to it - because we don't have any choice - but why?!?!?

• Yes, I think I have given up already! The pages appear quicker, but it takes forever to find the latest post.  I realise I am slow at picking up these things, but not sure I want the hassle.

• Todays and overnight posts if there were any are appearing after things from 6 days ago - where do we see things from in between?

• Replying to myself again!  As I posted just now, I spied a little notice to show more and found what hadn't been displayed - maybe I am getting there at last -  but my brain is too old for all this.  Now really must get on with my magazine job - yes tis that time again!

• No idea if this is going to post, or where it's going to post.  <sigh>

Maybe I'm just too tired to cope. I'm still here, but won't be posting as much in future. Good Luck everyone. 

• Oh Lindy. Don’t give up. I am sure I speak for many when I say we will miss your lovely photos and stories of “missing” things. We will get the hang of it I am sure. 
    It’s been disappointingly dull and damp here today. 

• Hi, folks.

There is only one way to keep our posts in chronological order.

You must click "Reply" ONLY on the first post in the thread (my post that starts the thread). If you do that, your post will properly go to the end of the thread. All new posts will stay in order, according to the time they were posted--just like before the new format was installed.  You can just check the end of the thread to see the day's posts.

However, if you click "Reply" at the end of anyone else's post, THEN your post is going to stay with that one. If I click "Reply" on a post made by Rusty, then my post is going to stay with Rusty's post, because it's an individual reply. It's not going to go to the end of the thread and appear in chronological order. That's why you have indented, narrow posts scattered and buried out of order in the thread.

So, when you want to write a post, click "Reply" ONLY on the first post in the thread. When you finish writing, your post will go to the end of the thread in perfect order.

Within your post, you can still list people's names and make comments to each of them, just like we always have.

I hope this makes sense.

• Thanks Diane, am testing to write a fresh message.

BUT I wanted to quote part of yoour lovely instructions but cannot see how to do that? It will only allow me to quote you if I do a reply to that message doh!!

• I've found that too Kate ... only way round that is to highlight & copy so you can post it in new thread as far as I can see!Thinking

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr