Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

There was a major ruckus over my patch this past week. A dispute arose between the flock of Crows and the Barred Owl pair. I don't know what the issue of contention was, but the crows filled the sky cawing and squawking loudly, and the owls' booming hoots filled the forest for nearly an hour. 

We had a couple of days of record-breaking warmth that made everyone shake their heads in surprise. It was 67F or 19C in my area with glorious sunshine. So very strange for February. It's back to winter now with snow coming next week.

So nice to see Heather back. Take care and don't try to do too much, Heather.

Love and hugs to all.

• DIANE – Your report sounds like football or some other sport – the Crows v the Owls. BTW one of our state’s teams in Aussie Rules football is nicknamed the Crows

Good to see HEATHER back.

OG where are you? Just once a week checkin, please?

While I was typing my wonderful (!) words elsewhere, the site signed me out before I could cut & paste. Of course, it is Sunday.

• Diane: Geez. That's warmer than it's been here these last few days. I've been noticing the crows gathering in large flocks and it's a mob scene when I put out the bird food. It seems too early here, but the hawks are being unusually active and noisy too....

Have a good Sunday al.
  • Thank you, Diane, for keeping us on the straight & narrow again. How funny about the crows!!

A very misty start here but not too cold: it varies a lot from day to day We had a broken night as we are looking after Mabel, my OHs Other Sister's dog. She barked in the night and Bonnie of course joined in. Don't know what they thought they had heard as the young couple next door are away.
  • Thanks for starting the week DIANE
  • Diane - thank you for starting the new week. I have noticed that the birds are singing more here but I have nothing like the scale of your cacophony!!!
    I went to see my friend in the cottage hospital yesterday. She has been moved out of the 8 bed ward which is overlooked by the nurse’s station into another 8 bed ward. I told her she had had a promotion and that it was encouraging. She was right by the window and was enjoying watching the birds in the trees outside. However, later she emailed me to say that they had wheeled in a TV and put the rugby on very loud! This is a women’s ward! She was not impressed as, because she is at the end of the ward, the TV was right by her bed!
    I wonder if some of that sounds familiar to you Heather? I do hope you are relaxing more at home now and enjoying the peace and quiet.
  • Rusty - My father was in a ward full of men who had all had heart attacks. Someone brought in a TV and put it on, very loud, showing the horseracing programme. He was soo annoyed but daren't say anything. It was on, loudly, all afternoon when they should all have been relaxing. My mother later said that she felt it led to his further attack, which subsequently caused his death. :-(

• I will return later, with The Strange Mystery of The Missing Picture.......

Hope that Heather is resting, as has been said, and that OG and EE are both alright.
  • Lindy - Looking forward to your 'missing picture' story. I have two items that have curiously gone missing - a book I wanted to lend to someone, and a pencil sharpener. Does anyone know how to access 'missing items'?