Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 January 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Good to see that OG may be returning soon. I've missed her. Wishing her and EE the best. Also, I'm so pleased that HEATHER will be released from the hospital! 

I have no stories to tell this week. I've been hibernating like an old bear. Seriously. The temperature has warmed a bit, but we've had many days of VERY dense fog, freezing rain, and snow. I miss the sun!

Hugs and love to all.

• We had a pretty good sunrise down here as well, probably closer to Rusty's picture than Lindy's. It was quite fleeting, but very colourful.

Glad to read that OG is hoping to be back with us again soon. I miss her posts. And it will be good to see Heather back home and joining us more.
  • AQ: The zebras, camels, and a miniature horse were roaming northeast of me about 80 miles north of Indianapolis. The truck (lorry) transporting them caught fire and burned, but the animals escaped. The Sheriff's department rounded them up and none were injured.

The most exotic animal on my patch is a female bobcat. She's back in the floodplain woods along the creek. She's been screaming for a mate at night. Hope she finds one.

www.cnn.com/.../index.html
  • Lots of nice news and views on here, Hope everyone has a good week.
  • To brighten your day..Saw these gardens on the Jigsaw Planet.(click on pic to enlarge)

• That's colourful, SunnyKate. :-)

Rusty, my birdwatch was much the same: rather frustrating because we often have quite a variety of garden birds but they were thin on the ground. We usually have two Robins, but only one popped in briefly.

Rain here for most of today. I've mopped floors etc. A while ago, I was seduced by a new kind of cleaning liquid for floors. It said "No more messy mopping!" So I bought some.

When I read the instructions, it said, surprisingly, to squirt some directly on the floor. Then you are to spread it around with your mop, and guess what? You need to mop the floor clean with clean water!! LOL!!
  • DIANE Glad to hear that the animals have been recovered safe and sound. A Macaque monkey escaped from Kincraig wildlife park near Aviemore yesterday......so far it is still on the loose. Fingers crossed it is also returned safe.

LINDY Love the cartoon, Benson loves sitting on my OHs lap when he is watching TV and they are very happy sharing. the chair.
  • Dibnlib - Don't tell my OH that! Bonnie won't sit on his lap, although she sometimes sits on his foot!

Spoke to my cousin yesterday and her brother, my other cousin, has just returned from a month in Australia where he & his wife had a high old time seeing friends in several cities, and their daughter and darling grandchildren. When they returned home, as soon as they opened the front door of their immaculate bungalow, they could see water pouring through the ceilings of almost every room. Disaster. They are now living in a Travelodge whilst its cleared up. So upsetting for them.
  • Oh Lindy, that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear. As you say, such an upsetting thing to find on a return from a lovely holiday. I do hope everything can be repaired quickly - although it may take time for things to dry out.
  • Lindy - that’s awful. How on earth had that happened? What a shame after such a lovely holiday. Also, re cleaning materials - how could they get away with that slogan when you did have to do mopping!
    It has been a very damp dreich day here too. It never really got light. I visited my friend in the cottage hospital briefly to take washing in which I had done and some more books for her to read. Lo and behold, another acquaintance is now in the bed opposite. She is recuperating from a broken leg caused by a fall in her bedroom. Her husband, who I also know, was visiting so we all had a good catch up. They also know the friend I was visiting. It’s a small world in this town!!!!
    I then went to another friend to see what she was worried about on her computer re security updates. I had a good look and all is well. She tends to panic but I was able to reassure her. Then I had to pick up a few bits in Tescos. I was tired when I got home.