Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 January 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Good to see that OG may be returning soon. I've missed her. Wishing her and EE the best. Also, I'm so pleased that HEATHER will be released from the hospital! 

I have no stories to tell this week. I've been hibernating like an old bear. Seriously. The temperature has warmed a bit, but we've had many days of VERY dense fog, freezing rain, and snow. I miss the sun!

Hugs and love to all.

• Welcome home, Heather! Take great care and enjoy being back and surrounded by your own things. And sleeping in your own bed - with your own World Service!

Annette - Happy Birthday! I hope the storm misses you - and my friend in Monteray.

Just back from a quick trip to the family for my late sister's birthday. An easier than usual drive home - particularly wonderful for seeing no fewer than TEN red kite!!! They are getting a lot closer to my home - the nearest was only about 25 miles away. A wonderful way to make the A303 and M3 almost enjoyable!!
  • Morning all: Thank you for bday wishes. OH and I may go out for dinner to an older restaurant where it's rumored you can have a conversation without shouting! Or me may just plan for the middle of the week. Got roses, cards and daughter bought me a little glass hummingbird that I'll hang in my window to catch the light. We'll maybe go make sure the one horse at the nearby ranch is well set up before the storm arrives.

Heather Yay. Wonderful to have you back in the 'hood so to speak. Have you had any PT types come check out the house for potential hazards? They did that when my OH was discharged because he was still weak from the operation.

PatO: How nice: a good ride with ten red kites to boot! I wonder if birds are among the distractions authorities fret about when people drive. :-)
  • Annette - Happy Birthday. Hope you do manage to get out for a meal and that it is good. Also hope the storm misses you. You sound to be really busy.
    Heather - having visited my friend in the cottage hospital again this afternoon. I can imagine how lovely it must be for you to be back in your own quiet surroundings. I am sure you will be nervous at first but you will gain in confidence and, as Lindy said, I am sure your family are making sure you have everything you need.
    Pat - I am glad you had a smooth journey to see the family and be with them on your late sister’s birthday (what a lovely idea)
    Great bonus to see the red kites.
  • ANNETTE Happy Birthday and thank you for the story of the owl. They are such wonderful birds and I very much hope he is happy.