Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 January 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I am home from Indianapolis. On the morning of January 1, my friend and I saw a powerful, large hawk sitting in a tree on her property. It must have been a female. As we watched, she slowly took flight. My friend and I considered the sighting a good sign, since we saw her on the first day of the new year.

Hugs to all of you!

• Lindybird said:
    I always enjoy your photographs, but this time you have excelled yourself.

Thank you.  That's a lovely comment from someone who has taken some wonderful photos herself!  I'll never forget your stunning ravens.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• (They posed for me -- shameless show offs!!) :-) :-)
  • ANNETTE - First thought - you've gotta be kidding? Second thought - Can I get one of those mice to follow my OH when he "loses" things.

• Pictures of gowns at Golden Globes awards. Poor girls can’t afford to buy enough material. Then they put so much into the skirt that there is not enough left for the bodice.
  • AQ: I was just looking at the LA Times photos of GG outfits. All rather odd, but I did like Gillian Anderson, who looked normal.  And who needs a maid when you have a mouse?

• Awww. I saw that video of the mouse. Isn’t it cute?
    AQ. I totally agree with you re the design of the dresses for the GGs and wish you had a “mouse” to find things your OH has “lost”!
    Back to my normal activities today starting with French. I have prepared the lesson this time. Guess the topic? Yes. Le Nouvel An!!!!! Found some good articles on a French website about weird activities people do on New Years Eve! Made up questions for discussion. Just going to go over it again now.
    Have a good week everyone.
  • Happy January all! Ive just managed to get onto the site. It decided that after all these years my log in was not right!

I just shut everything down and hey presto! Im back.

Well Ive been away on Nanny Duty again in Northamptonhire as my Grandaughter Luna did not return to school until today.

Glad to be home but have a busy week as the car has to go into garage on Thursday for MOT and a few tweeks - hopefully it will pass, as on Saturday we are all off to a 15th century hotel in Long Melford to celebrate my Sisters 80th Birthday - my Nephew has booked 11 rooms for all of the O'Mahony side of the family and just one cannot make it - my Nephew who is  an Oceanographer and is somewhere near tobago - alright for some!

I hope Heather is doing ok and will soon be home and all those with ailments or caring for loved ones will have an easy time.

Take care all xx

• HARELADY How lovely, hope you have a super time. That sounds like a very interesting job your nephew has.

Just starting to get dark now after a very cold day.....never above freezing. We had outreach here this morning and they were connecting cables for broadband. This meant we had to have the front door open for a while.....brrrr

Off to Brodie tomorrow for coffee with a friend, may just have to do a bit of shopping as well?